Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti - Among Other Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but not sure how to set from true to false and how to edit clover config.plist? Done so much research in the last couple of days I'm lost totally and can't find it.

Thanks for your response

This is very basic and depending on how you installed Clover will determine its location. It is either in the EFI/CLOVER folder in the root of your OS X partition or it is in the EFI partition of the HDD where OS X is installed. Edit it using text edit.

Hi again, thank you for being so patient. I managed to get my gtx 980 ti working properly.

Thank you for all your help

Ok so progress, I think.

I ran it with -v and it crashed. I can get that wall of text translated here (unless there is better way) but in a attempt to help figure out what's going on I removed the graphics card and tried to load it again. It loaded no problem. Now it's using the mother boards HDMI port so that might not even matter but if I figured any info is good info.

Yeah so far it is with the video card in that it crashes. The last part of the text with the -v boot flag is as follows

NVDAGM1000HAL Loaded and registered

hfs: mounted Extra Storage on device disk1s2 (this is probably in reference to the extra hard drive i have in the case.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start -waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment)
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfoi: this is an unknown CPU model ox3c

-- power managment may be incomplete or unspported

sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1552

sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2212

The WARNING jumps out at me for obvious reasons. If I understand correctly does that mean the 14,2 isn't the right one for my CPU \ GPU combo?

After some google searches it appears it might not be just a unknown cpu model.

I read about maybe needing to disable VT-D in bios which I will look into.

I also saw that I might need to change my desktop power scheme but wasn't able to find a concrete way to do that (either through clover,clover configuration, or some other location)

My friend google'd it as well and said he said someone fix that by changing the speed on their ram.

It's funny, the more self research I do the more I see that for El-Capitan there isn't much info on it yet because of how new it is, I'm kinda excited to be discovering problems (and possible solutions) that someone might use in the near future for a hackintosh el-capitan build.

After some google searches it appears it might not be just a unknown cpu model.

I read about maybe needing to disable VT-D in bios which I will look into.

I also saw that I might need to change my desktop power scheme but wasn't able to find a concrete way to do that (either through clover,clover configuration, or some other location)

My friend google'd it as well and said he said someone fix that by changing the speed on their ram.

It's funny, the more self research I do the more I see that for El-Capitan there isn't much info on it yet because of how new it is, I'm kinda excited to be discovering problems (and possible solutions) that someone might use in the near future for a hackintosh el-capitan build.

You either need to boot with dart=0 or disable VT-D.

I have the dart=0 boot flag already so I will investigate the VT-D when I get home later.

My motherboard had it disabled already, assuming the info I found was correct. If VT stands for visualization technology. I enabled it for testing purposes and ran it with -v boot flag.

ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) time out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power managment may be incomplete or unsupported
NVDAGM100HAL loaded and registered
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1552
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2212
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 206

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-late-2014-specs.html

That is the only mac with an i7-4790k processor that I could see. Thought maybe I should change my mac profile to that?

My motherboard had it disabled already, assuming the info I found was correct. If VT stands for visualization technology. I enabled it for testing purposes and ran it with -v boot flag.

ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) time out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
-- power managment may be incomplete or unsupported
NVDAGM100HAL loaded and registered
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1552
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2212
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 206

http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-late-2014-specs.html

That is the only mac with an i7-4790k processor that I could see. Thought maybe I should change my mac profile to that?

I use iMac14,2 with a 4790K without any issues so it is not that. Many people also use MacPro3,1 with out issue. If you have VT-D disabled then you do not need dart=0, or shouldn't. I do not use dart=0.

What kext are you injecting?

What would be the best way to find the kext I am using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back