Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 770M will not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it OK to create the install usb with Unibeast and move the required .plist and kext files to the usb drive? Or do I need to create the install drive exactly as stated in your guide?

Must also pay attention to drivers64UEFI requirements.

I tried to create a USB per your instructions using the .plist for my hardware to do a clean install. Using your plist the machine gets garbled graphics at install screen. I checked your plist against one I have working and they match except the working has no patches. I managed to get acceleration on intel doing a clean install with unibeast default plist and using all the kexts outlined in your guide. However I have no power management/battery and poor trackpad performance. Is there any way tweak your plist so I can use the patches provided? Or should I just run with what I have since I have graphics?

I tried to create a USB per your instructions using the .plist for my hardware to do a clean install. Using your plist the machine gets garbled graphics at install screen.

As per guide, enable legacy boot/CSM.

The only option that appears in my bios is Boot Mode: UEFI or CSM. Changing boot mode to CSM results in no bootable drives found

The only option that appears in my bios is Boot Mode: UEFI or CSM. Changing boot mode to CSM results in no bootable drives found

Use Clover legacy, or disable the graphics drivers during installation (invalid ig-platform-id), then deal with it later.

no dice, boots to black screen. Might just stick to the install I have and worry about power management later. Intel Graphics work and it'll boot. Is it possible to run your .plist after install or must it be done before?

no dice, boots to black screen. Might just stick to the install I have and worry about power management later. Intel Graphics work and it'll boot. Is it possible to run your .plist after install or must it be done before?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached, so no idea.

Doing a standard install, installing Kexts, and changing graphics in the plist seems to work. I have acceleration on intel, webcam works, so I should be good. Not terribly concerned with the gtx. The only things not working are sound and the touchpad seems iffy, it might need an alps kext. I'll work on those.

Thanks for all the help.

I managed to boot using your plist and it seems many of the patches did apply. I now have trackpad prefpane where I did not before. The only thing not working is audio which I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually. Just a quick question.

When booting the apple boot screen goes garbled momentarily, then boots fine and I have fulle CI/QE. Is this normal or would installing lilu and intelgraphicsfixup solve this?

Also is there a command or app that will tell me if CI/QE is truly fully enabled? I've tried searching google but all those methods seem unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back