Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 770 Graphic's Card Flashed to Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have a working Hackintosh, But recently acquired a Mac Pro early 2008 tower. It came with a Nice Graphics card. The Card is a Nvidia GTX 770 and works fine except for the Boot screen where you can select the boot volume, start up in Single user Mode, etc.

I have heard that you can flash these cards to be more Mac Compatible and @Fl0r!an suggested that I upload the bios from Card to see what could be done with it. I am not certain if he is offering or if the community here is able to offer assistance.

So I will upload it here (also uploaded to my original post that Fl0r!an responded to) in hopes that someone could be of help to me. I would like to be able to Bootcamp, use the Mac OS and have the native boot screens associated with the Mac computers.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• NVGTX770.zip
    122.1 KB · Views: 469
There is an interesting thread from 2015 on the Netkas forum on developing a Mac rom for the GTX 770.
Rominator, Fl0r!an and rankel are sharing experiences.
No progress seems to be made. Rominator sums up the issues:

There is not, nor ever will be a "one size fits all" Mac 770 rom.
While the 680 and 770 are based on same basic core, by the time the board partners made the 770 they all went in their own direction with components. Most notably the VRAM, fan(s) and power management varied from card to card. In comparison, most 680 cards, expecially the 2GB ones, used similar parts, hence the ability to use the "Mac rom" on those.

There are a reasonable amount of reference design cards out there. (I have two GTX 770s). One should first try to get the reference design working. Then maybe work on a GTX 780 ti or GTX Titan. Most of these seem to be the reference design model. It now looks like the GTX 780 ti will be the most powerful Nvidia card to ever work on Mojave or any future macOS release.

I used this ROM found on TechPowerUp to flash my reference design "Founders Edition" GTX 770.

It works perfectly on my Mac Pro 3,1. (So far I have only tested the DVI outputs.)

I have no idea where the ROM originates from, but it does not seem to be a leaked MVC rom.

I used this ROM found on TechPowerUp to flash my reference design "Founders Edition" GTX 770.

It works perfectly on my Mac Pro 3,1. (So far I have only tested the DVI outputs.)

I have no idea where the ROM originates from, but it does not seem to be a leaked MVC rom.
So to flash this I should back up my existing rom, flash with this one and it should be good to go? I just don’t want to brick the card. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back