Contribute
Register

nVidia GTX 760 shows "Unknown 0MB" under the "About This Mac" + DisplayPort not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am on Mavericks 10.9.2. Upgrade the video cards to GTX760 because the old dual cards triple monitor setup was causing frequent crash once moved to 10.9.1+. I installed the new card, removed the dual card hack, did the "GraphicsEnabler=No" change and everything booted correctly with the new card and is running, but I can't get the following working.

1. DisplayPort - One of my monitors will not show anything from that port. It works with the other two DVI ports. What should I do here?
2. About this Mac - It shows "Unknown 0 MB". System Report shows "Chipset Model: Unknown" and "VRAM (Total): 0 MB". Is this cosmetic only issue or do I need to do something to make sure that I get OpenCL and CUDA support? I edit Final Cut Pro X files with the computer, so I need a full GPU support.

a couple other issues that I've noticed while I was playing with the configuration that might be related
1. SMBIOS.plist - I tried MacPro 5,1 and iMac 12,2 but the About this Mac continually shows the Mac Pro Early 2008. Is there some other setting that I need to update?
2. UseKernelCache=No - If I do this I get "can't find mach kernel" error. Recently I created the fusion drive with 3TB HDD and 256MB SSD. Is this related to that? How do I fix it?
3. Installed the nVidia CUDA driver - not sure if that is doing anything

System Info:
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F4 Bios
i5 2500K Over-clocked
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX Cooler on Triple Monitors (1 DP + 2 DVI)
Fusion Drive (3TB HDD + 256GB SSD)
Mavericks 10.9.2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 3.09.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 3.09.43 PM.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 3.10.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 3.10.34 PM.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,184
OK, figured out a part of the reason why it wasn't working. I guess you can't just edit the Extra folder and save it when you are using a Fusion Drive. You must access the physical drive (two of them), mount them, get to the Extra folders and copy the stuff over.

Apparently I was running GraphicsEnabler=Yes. So I took that to No, and now the information on the "About This Mac" shows properly.

However, the DisplayPort is still not working, although now it actually shows random color rather than complete blank like it was before. Thoughts on how I would enable the DisplayPort?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 6.33.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 6.33.39 PM.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,502
Nevermind, now I got the diplayport working as well. I again had to clean up some of the old settings for the older dual video cards setting that was hidden in the disks due to the Fusion Drive configuration.

(side note - apparently I have to use UseKernelCache when using Fusion Drive, so not finding the mach kernel when this option is not used seems to be the normal behavior)

Hi!

I just switched to GTX 760 from an ATI Radeon HD 5700.
I got GraphicsEnabler=No rebooted but still have "Graphics Unknown 0 MB" in the About this Mac section. Any ideas?

I have CUDA installed too, I'm on Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 and i5-760.

Everything else seems to be working great.

Ok Problem solved for me too:)
The solution was to reinstall the newest Chimera, and the display port and hdmi started working after setting the
IGPEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back