Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 760, It works, but not on 100% performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell T5500
CPU
2x Xeon > Need Xeon Full model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys!

I have a Dell T5500 Precision (2x5690, 48GB ram etc), it works like a charm (ok, sometimes when i hit shutdown its just restarted), but everything else is semms ok, but the GPU. Cinebench score under win 10 85fps, but on high sierra, its just 56fps, and i feel the poornes in Premiere and FCPX also.

Webdriver installed, 2 display works, the macOS seems ok,

Can you help me with this? Thank you!

An dont compare WIN Speed OpenGL & OS X.

okeey, but here is the thing:
with native driver use, there is no cuda support and i felt a bit slower than with the nvidia web
fcpx is has half of the speed of premiere pro, according to a real mac performance its need to be the opposite :D Final cut need to be way more faster and stable :)

i know that Windows will be faster in rendering a bit, but after a year win using, i would like to use macOS again :)

one more thing:
if i open chrome, the machine restarts :D i know, i should use safari, but is there a workaround for this?

spec:
Dell T5500
2x 6 core Intel Xeon (x5690)
48GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
High Sierra 10.13.3 on SSD
NVIDIA GTX 760 4GB
Up-to-date Clover
flags: dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1

thank you very much
cheers

Last edited:
okeey, but here is the thing:
with native driver use, there is no cuda support and i felt a bit slower than with the nvidia web
fcpx is has half of the speed of premiere pro, according to a real mac performance its need to be the opposite :D Final cut need to be way more faster and stable :)

i know that Windows will be faster in rendering a bit, but after a year win using, i would like to use macOS again :)

one more thing:
if i open chrome, the machine restarts :D i know, i should use safari, but is there a workaround for this?

spec:
Dell T5500
2x 6 core Intel Xeon (x5690)
48GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
High Sierra 10.13.3 on SSD
NVIDIA GTX 760 4GB
Up-to-date Clover
flags: dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1

thank you very much
cheers

I must ask you what ver off clover? because I can't boot up to High Sierra with this Graphic card.....GTX760 works with Sierra. :(

I must ask you what ver off clover? because I can't boot up to High Sierra with this Graphic card.....GTX760 works with Sierra. :(
flags: nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0, maybe with nvvida injection, but it needs to work without it also.
latest clover

I am having the same problems getting high Sierra to run with the graphics card. I didn't have problems on Sierra, but I did a clean install this time and I can't boot into the OS without safe mode.

I am having the same problems getting high Sierra to run with the graphics card. I didn't have problems on Sierra, but I did a clean install this time and I can't boot into the OS without safe mode.
You should read the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

The GTX 760 works out of the box - Just plug it in and go.
If it doesn't work for you then maybe your config.plist is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back