CPU
Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge Processor 3.40 GHz,
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can I enable full support for my Nvidia?
After installation using MultiBeast for:

• EASY beast
  • BootLoader

GTX works without any options (screen resolutions for example), System Info report 0MB of video memory (not 2GB), I cannot play youtube videos, screen flickers on launchpad, notification sidebar opening... seems that my marvelous Card works very bad!! :banghead:

It's this card supported or not? And how can I make it works like an high end card as it is on OSX?1

seems that my marvelous Card works very bad!! :banghead:

It means that you graphics card doesn't work at all, i.e. all things are software-rendered and you don't have any graphics acceleration.
This article says that it is possible to make your graphics work, but it also says that it's not easy. You may read linked forum thread there and maybe you'll have some luck.

I realized that acceleration not working at all, for ex. I've just open new panel on safari and screen hangs on curved wall... then I need to brutally restart osx... :twisted:

I've already try all last Multibeast Drivers with no results, and read many (and many) posts of this forum with relative tags... but no solutions! I've bought this card and motherboard cause are in compatibles hardware list for custom mac build... :confused:

Something is changed?! GTX680 is no more osx supported?! So removing it from the list seems a smart idea or not?!

Now I'm going to follow instruction... I'm not a newbie so I'm not scared to hardhacking for obtain a full working custom mac!!!

Stay Tuned!
:headbang:

Did you remember to install the Cuda driver from the Nvidia website and after that did you remember to use Multibeast to enable it.

Also are you using Mountain Lion because that is where the native support came from. The link from the other response is from before ML and is fully working without problem. I am using a 670 right now and it is working fine. Just be careful with the new fakesmc plugins for some; including myself it crashes the system when using iStat or HWmonitor. I believe this is because of the kepler plugin. Just watch out for that and good luck.

Aaargh!!

Fresh (RE)installation:

Multibeast:
Only Bootloader Installation failed (?!) Going ahead...

Following the instruction for Enabling Kepler Card support and booting from installation usb seems all to work correctly, launchpad and notification area have now smooth open, also safari curved startup page seems ok..

Remaining two big issues:

• YouTube Videos (or better all flash videos) not working at all (only audio or sometime OSX hangs and need hard reset)
  • Booting without USB drive it's impossible

Installed again Bootloader from Multibeast.. tell me it's ok.. but boot hangs on loading SMC Driver and no skin it's shown.
Installed Chamaleon directly from original downloaded package... skin it's ok but same result.... impossible to boot.

Can you help me?!

Installed also Multibeast Audio ALC898 (No DSDT) drivers, seems working well... but it's the better solution?

Thanks in advance!!

Aaargh!!

Fresh (RE)installation:

Multibeast:
Only Bootloader Installation failed (?!) Going ahead...

Following the instruction for Enabling Kepler Card support and booting from installation usb seems all to work correctly, launchpad and notification area have now smooth open, also safari curved startup page seems ok..

Remaining two big issues:

• YouTube Videos (or better all flash videos) not working at all (only audio or sometime OSX hangs and need hard reset)
  • Booting without USB drive it's impossible

Installed again Bootloader from Multibeast.. tell me it's ok.. but boot hangs on loading SMC Driver and no skin it's shown.
Installed Chamaleon directly from original downloaded package... skin it's ok but same result.... impossible to boot.

Wipe your hard drive and start clean.

Install multibeast with these settings:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4xWQ.png

Then follow these steps:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/82266-kepler-gtx-670-680-etc-10-8-2-fix.html

Exactly like that. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Can you help me?!

Possibly... Answering questions we ask will help us help you.

Installed also Multibeast Audio ALC898 (No DSDT) drivers, seems working well... but it's the better solution?

Thanks in advance!!

No. That's the best solution.

[SOLVED] NvidiA GTX 680 2GB - GIGABYTE Z77-UP5 TH - i7 3.5 - 32GB RAM - ML 10.8.2

I love you Alpha!! :clap:

Everything seems to be ok now (audio/video working perfectly).. only bootloader trouble continue to damn me..

Bootloader it's without skin (that's not a problem of course) and not work (hangs)...
booting from installation drive go perfect (fast and all working perfectly)!!!!

How can I manually set/install a working bootloader on HD?!

Thanx thanx thanx!!!
Just one step to heaven... :angel:

UPDATE:
Next stop: Heaven... mind the step.. please mind the step..

Copying Extra folder content from installation drive to HD finally have a working bootloader!! (Using Houdini app to show hidden files)
Now just last little issue.. power management of my motherboard it'snt supported?! Seems me that when osx sleeps it's impossible to wake up... Maybe some BIOS settings are wrong? Or need some other stuff?!

Copying Extra folder content from installation drive to HD finally have a working bootloader!! (Using Houdini app to show hidden files)
Now just last little issue.. power management of my motherboard it'snt supported?! Seems me that when osx sleeps it's impossible to wake up... Maybe some BIOS settings are wrong? Or need some other stuff?!

disable Wake on LAN in ur bios under power management that should cure your sleep issues

WOL already disabled, but I cannot sleep my hack cause freeze and not wake up.. :(
It's the last and unsolved issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back