Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 660 and OS X 10.8.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
First time poster, not sure if this is where this goes.

So I built a hackintosh specifically to render stuff out of After Effects and Blender through the GPU instead of the CPU, and I've run into some compatibility problems with my graphics card, the GTX 660 (non TI version), and Mountain Lion. I've tried to install the web drivers but every time I restart my computer it defaults back to the OS X Default Drivers. When I do switch over in Blender to my GPU for rendering, it freezes my computer (which I believe is due to a kernal panic, though I'm not sure if that helps or not). I've considered wiping my SSD and installing Lion 10.7.4 instead, but I'm not sure if the card is compatible with Lion.

Ultimately my question is how can I make my graphics card work for GPU rendering without constantly crashing my system?

Build specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X UP5
RAM: 16 GB Ripjaw DDR3
CPU: Intel i7 3770
GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

JimmyS

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i7-7820X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've tried adding the line "nvda_drv=1" to the kernal flags line, but I still have the same problem: the card isn't compatible and crashes every time I go to render something from it. And it keeps defaulting to the OS X Default driver

CPU
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i´ve got the same problem: After Effects says "no CUDA drivers or incompatible device" for my EVGA GTX 660

davinchi resolve won´t start, due to incompatible graphics card, etc..

was anyone able to use CUDA with his gtx 660 on OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.