5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just picked up a GTX 650 Ti graphics card from a friend who purchased it then decided to upgrade. The unit is brand new and SIB. (Paid $50!!!)

Will the 650 Ti work with my 2012 Customac mini Deluxe build?

GA-Z77N-WIFI
i7-3770 CPU
16GB RAM
240GB Sandisk SSD
1TB Seagate HDD
OSX ML 10.8.2

Do I need to run MultiBeast again and select anything for this card or will it be recognized by 10.8.2 automatically?

I have the Gigabyte Z77MX Board running 10.8.2, just changed over from a working Sapphire HD6850 to the EVGA Nvidia GTX650 Ti and I can't get it anywhere close to booting. I wish I had never changed. I thought (mistakenly) all these new Nvidia GTX cards were supported natively.

I am going to sell mine and go back to ATI. All I read is how the new Nvidia cards won't work without a bunch of trouble. I was looking for an OOB card and this isn't it!

I have the Gigabyte Z77MX Board running 10.8.2, just changed over from a working Sapphire HD6850 to the EVGA Nvidia GTX650 Ti and I can't get it anywhere close to booting. I wish I had never changed. I thought (mistakenly) all these new Nvidia GTX cards were supported natively.

I am going to sell mine and go back to ATI. All I read is how the new Nvidia cards won't work without a bunch of trouble. I was looking for an OOB card and this isn't it!

If you already have a working system, all you need is the new NVidia Drivers, found here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

if you want to start fresh, follow this guide, post #5:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/78875-getting-650ti-working.html

If you already have a working system, all you need is the new NVidia Drivers, found here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

if you want to start fresh, follow this guide, post #5:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/78875-getting-650ti-working.html

Thanks for the reply, do you know if any of the new Nvidia cards work OOB? I have a GTX640 but wanted something faster and with a quieter fan. The fan on the GTX640 and the GTX650 Ti are both loud. Both cards are EVGA branded. Both of the ATI cards I had were very quiet, HD5750 and HD6850.

I just want an upper mid range card that works OOB with 10.8.2??? Anyone???

Thanks for the reply, do you know if any of the new Nvidia cards work OOB? I have a GTX640 but wanted something faster and with a quieter fan. The fan on the GTX640 and the GTX650 Ti are both loud. Both cards are EVGA branded. Both of the ATI cards I had were very quiet, HD5750 and HD6850.

I just want an upper mid range card that works OOB with 10.8.2??? Anyone???

The 640, 660TI, snd 670 work OOB, you just need the NVidia drivers for the 650Ti/660. I was using a 650Ti, once I added the drivers, I had no issues with it. Just upgraded to the 660Ti for Display-port out, it worked OOB, no drivers needed.

not sure if this will help but
u upgraded my gt240 to the gtx650 with only a few changes
had to use graphicsenabler=no
first boot was a white screen with spinny beach ball thingy
rebooted safe
removed from s/l/e AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
repaired permissions
reboot
full function
installed cuda 5
i do think the latest os and chimera is making it so...
im not using the nvidia drivers
the only caveat is that the system is detecting it as:
NVIDIA D14P1-13
GPU
PCIe
x16
1024 MB(correct)
0x0fc6
0x00a2
preset 1.0.0

to me its minor but it apears to be detecting the chipset? not the revision of such?(e.g. 650ti or 650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back