Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost

which graphics card manufacturer is recommended for GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have DVI + HDMI tested in the last 4 hours, didn't experience any problems. HDMI seems to be a bit more snappier than when using DP, but DP is more sharp and has somewhat better color reproduction (when using the same color profile) for some reason?

Booting into the desktop and rebooting the system works OK as well, dunno about sleep as I turned that off on my hack.

Unfortunately I cannot test HDMI audio as I don't have a monitor with speakers built in and my television is on the other floor.

Have DVI + HDMI tested in the last 4 hours, didn't experience any problems. HDMI seems to be a bit more snappier than when using DP, but DP is more sharp and has somewhat better color reproduction (when using the same color profile) for some reason?

Booting into the desktop and rebooting the system works OK as well, dunno about sleep as I turned that off on my hack.

Unfortunately I cannot test HDMI audio as I don't have a monitor with speakers built in and my television is on the other floor.

nice :) well which one will you recommend me ? EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, etc... ?

By the way, someone can post a picture with cinebench test with GTX650 Ti Boost ?
i would like to compare with my result ( i have an Intel HD4000 and ATI HD6670 )

Thanks in advance and have a great day or night ! :)

Hmm, can't really say which brand I would recommend voor the NGTX650Ti2GBoost, except voor EVGA because I'm using it right now, as it works as I want it too :p Also it was the only card which had displayport on board, was available for the price of a 1 GB model and was in stock after the day it was released and I decided to buy a new graphics card.

Hardware wise Gigabyte is nice too, especially when looking at their Ultra Durable technology (applied to some of their motherboards and graphic cards). This can be helpful for the extension of the life span of the card in your system, and when you want to overclock the card.

Asus has been making pretty good hardware too. I had several motherboards and graphic cards from them, never had any problems so far. Also feature/accessory wise you get quite much for what you're paying for it. Only downside in my opinion is the slow release of drivers, firmware updates and BIOS updates for in motherboard in integrated peripherals.

Best thing I could advise is to look up a bunch of reviews for the same type of card, but with different brands, different review sites and different test methods used in those reviews.
It also depends on in what kind of case (large/small/deep etc.) you're going to put the card and what your specific wishes are regarding to noise, features, mainboard compatibility etc.

In my Thunderball build, I'm using an EVGA FTX 650 Ti which is one of the recommended graphics cards in tonymacx86's Buyer's Guide for March (see the graphics card section). The Buyer's Guide is at the top of page in the navigation bar. In the Buyer's Guide, tonymacx86 recommends the better (1st tier) manufacturers, like Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, Asus, etc. :thumbup:

Note: since the GTX 650 Ti Boost graphics card just came out, it will be in the next Buyer's Guide.

Hmm, can't really say which brand I would recommend voor the NGTX650Ti2GBoost, except voor EVGA because I'm using it right now, as it works as I want it too :p Also it was the only card which had displayport on board, was available for the price of a 1 GB model and was in stock after the day it was released and I decided to buy a new graphics card.

Hardware wise Gigabyte is nice too, especially when looking at their Ultra Durable technology (applied to some of their motherboards and graphic cards). This can be helpful for the extension of the life span of the card in your system, and when you want to overclock the card.

Asus has been making pretty good hardware too. I had several motherboards and graphic cards from them, never had any problems so far. Also feature/accessory wise you get quite much for what you're paying for it. Only downside in my opinion is the slow release of drivers, firmware updates and BIOS updates for in motherboard in integrated peripherals.

Best thing I could advise is to look up a bunch of reviews for the same type of card, but with different brands, different review sites and different test methods used in those reviews.
It also depends on in what kind of case (large/small/deep etc.) you're going to put the card and what your specific wishes are regarding to noise, features, mainboard compatibility etc.

thanks for the infos !!

I have two brands in mind... Gigabyte and EVGA. i dont want a noisy card. i had a bad experience with an BFG 250GTS... it made a lot noise.
The EVGA look nice but i wondering if this card make noise ? the other one ( gigabyte) have two fans... so maybe its better... i really don't know which one to choose XD but i really want an GTX 650 Ti Boost. the GTX 660, 660Ti.... etc are too expensive for now and i don't play too much.

thanks for the infos !!

I have two brands in mind... Gigabyte and EVGA. i dont want a noisy card. i had a bad experience with an BFG 250GTS... it made a lot noise.
The EVGA look nice but i wondering if this card make noise ? the other one ( gigabyte) have two fans... so maybe its better... i really don't know which one to choose XD but i really want an GTX 650 Ti Boost. the GTX 660, 660Ti.... etc are too expensive for now and i don't play too much.

Just throwing in my 2 bits here as I'm in the market for a GTX 650 Ti Boost also. I've had two MSI cards with dual fans in my Hack over the past couple years, the MSI N260GTX Twin Frozr OC & currently the MSI R6870 Hawk Radeon, and neither cards would be what I would call "quiet" on the OS X side. When dual booting into Windows both cards have been much quieter because of vendor software based fan control but since that really isn't available in OS X the fans have a tendency to ramp up and get pretty loud with moderate use.

I'll still probably end up leaning towards the Gigabyte version because of the size of the fans and features but I figured I'd throw this out there that with this level of card you should expect some noise.

There's always water cooling if you're an avid plumber and you don't mind playing with liquid and electricity. Hahaha.

Just throwing in my 2 bits here as I'm in the market for a GTX 650 Ti Boost also. I've had two MSI cards with dual fans in my Hack over the past couple years, the MSI N260GTX Twin Frozr OC & currently the MSI R6870 Hawk Radeon, and neither cards would be what I would call "quiet" on the OS X side. When dual booting into Windows both cards have been much quieter because of vendor software based fan control but since that really isn't available in OS X the fans have a tendency to ramp up and get pretty loud with moderate use.

I'll still probably end up leaning towards the Gigabyte version because of the size of the fans and features but I figured I'd throw this out there that with this level of card you should expect some noise.

There's always water cooling if you're an avid plumber and you don't mind playing with liquid and electricity. Hahaha.

Yeah, The Gigabyte card has two big fan. I tried to find some information on the internet but nothing :/

I'm just dealing with EVGA and Gigabyte.

In my Thunderball build, I'm using an EVGA FTX 650 Ti which is one of the recommended graphics cards in tonymacx86's Buyer's Guide for March (see the graphics card section). The Buyer's Guide is at the top of page in the navigation bar. In the Buyer's Guide, tonymacx86 recommends the better (1st tier) manufacturers, like Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, Asus, etc. :thumbup:

Note: since the GTX 650 Ti Boost graphics card just came out, it will be in the next Buyer's Guide.

BTW, when will the April's buyer's guide will come out?

I'm on board for one of these as well, but plan to wait for the 1GB version. As for the noise, I currently use an AMD 6870, the egg crate version with the single fan, which is loud. I finally replaced the cooling with an Accelero Monoplus 120mm heatsink and fan and I can't be happier. Super quiet. I'm not a gamer, so I can't say how it cools under extreme loads, but for what I do, it's perfect. The down side, it voids your warranty if it's a new card.

I'm on board for one of these as well, but plan to wait for the 1GB version. As for the noise, I currently use an AMD 6870, the egg crate version with the single fan, which is loud. I finally replaced the cooling with an Accelero Monoplus 120mm heatsink and fan and I can't be happier. Super quiet. I'm not a gamer, so I can't say how it cools under extreme loads, but for what I do, it's perfect. The down side, it voids your warranty if it's a new card.

How do you find a good cooler for a graphics card ? does any card can change their cooler ?

The gigabyte GTX650 Ti Boost has two windforce X2 fan on it and the EVGA GTX 650 ti boost has an custom fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back