Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost

which graphics card manufacturer is recommended for GTX 650 Ti 2GB Boost ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB works out of the box with GraphicsEnabler=No. Works with DVI and Displayport, don't know if HDMI is going to work as I'm not able to test it.

Unfortunately dual displays (DVI+DP) is not working as I'm getting flashing blue screens when two displays are connected. It wouldn't surprise me if this is because of stream errors or that a graphics powermanagement kext should be edited oslt.

also i have only the back case fan running what about you? because our board only has one fan header
Yeah, same for me... only the back fan working now... i don't know if any there is a way to plug the front fan without the header...

My EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB works out of the box with GraphicsEnabler=No. Works with DVI and Displayport, don't know if HDMI is going to work as I'm not able to test it.

Unfortunately dual displays (DVI+DP) is not working as I'm getting flashing blue screens when two displays are connected. It wouldn't surprise me if this is because of stream errors or that a graphics powermanagement kext should be edited oslt.

Thanks for your informations :) now i'm sure i'll get the 650 Ti Boost ^^ but i hope the DVI + HDMI will work!...well if not.. i'll use my HDMI Onboard.

Now which 650 Ti Boost to choose ? EVGA, Gigabyte. MSI, Asus ...etc ? a lot choice xD

Thanks everyone for your help ! :) if you have other information... just let me know !!

Michael

do you use a desk top hard drive if you do you should get fakeSMC and hardware monitor from multibest and see if your hard drive is heating up because mine does

there you go ! i took a picture for you.

let me know what do you think !

have a great day

Michael

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 1.21.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 1.21.59 PM.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 830

Now testing with 2x DVI, booting into OS seems to take longer and got a constant blue screen during loading, but after a while the desktop shows up. So far no interruptions noticeable on both displays, only quite much display lag on my Dell 2407WFP & U2410 (which I don't have when connecting with displayport only).

Seems displayport needs a bit of tweaking when DVI is also connected i guess :)

Now testing with 2x DVI, booting into OS seems to take longer and got a constant blue screen during loading, but after a while the desktop shows up. So far no interruptions noticeable on both displays, only quite much display lag on my Dell 2407WFP & U2410 (which I don't have when connecting with displayport only).

Seems displayport needs a bit of tweaking when DVI is also connected i guess :)

it's a good start :) can you try DVI + HDMI ? because i will use this config if i get a new card.
Now i'm using DVI from ATI HD 6670 + HDMI onboard

it's a good start :) can you try DVI + HDMI ? because i will use this config if i get a new card.
Now i'm using DVI from ATI HD 6670 + HDMI onboard

Probably I'll be able to test that this weekend, cannot guarantee it's going to happen though, please bear with me ;)

BTW, I tested with new Nvidia drivers from the 10.8.4 beta, now the card is more responsive and problems with blue screen at loading desktop & blue screen flashing seem to be gone when using DVI + DP and using DVI + DVI.
Also I switched from Chameleon to Clover ('GraphicsInjector=No' setting used) Need to test more extensively before I can confirm it's working permanently though.

I'll keep you posted :)

Tested dualscreen setup with DVI + DP throughout the day and can confirm it's working smooth :D Will test DVI +HDMI tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back