Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 1080 + LG Ultrafine 5K full 5K@60hz Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put lilu.kext, whatevergreen.kext you uploaded in my 'kexts' folder, and add 'ngfxpatch=pikera' in my boot-args, but i couldn't login to the system. Only aerror's kexts & boot-args works. Could you upload your EFI folder? I want to compare yours with mine. thx.
Yuo don't need lilu or whatever. It boots into macOS without them with one cable. we just can't see it on a black screen. Plugin the second cable you will have 5k

Update: I made more tests yesterday, here are the results:
I connected 2 displays:
  1. LG UltraFine 5K - GC-Titan Ridge - 1st & 2nd DP ports
  2. Lenovo P27-u - the 3rd DP port
Using aerror's kexts & boot-args, I can boot with 2 displays (LG - connect 1 cable only before login). the 5k monitor works fine when sleep / wake up manually. USB (speakers, microphone, camera) not recognized. 3 USB-C ports of the monitor can only charge the phone, but no data connection. I think there are some issues about DSDT & Thunderbolt.

Update: I made more tests yesterday, here are the results:
I connected 2 displays:
  1. LG UltraFine 5K - GC-Titan Ridge - 1st & 2nd DP ports
  2. Lenovo P27-u - the 3rd DP port
Using aerror's kexts & boot-args, I can boot with 2 displays (LG - connect 1 cable only before login). the 5k monitor works fine when sleep / wake up manually. USB (speakers, microphone, camera) not recognized. 3 USB-C ports of the monitor can only charge the phone, but no data connection. I think there are some issues about DSDT & Thunderbolt.

Hi,

Did you set your TB3 options in BIOS? The USB functions should be working after BIOS setting. And check your Driver in Windows. Plus, you have to connect internal USB cable as well.

Hi,

Did you set your TB3 options in BIOS? The USB functions should be working after BIOS setting. And check your Driver in Windows. Plus, you have to connect internal USB cable as well.
Yes, you’re right! When I enable all 4 tb3 settings in bios, the USB works! Thx.

Yes, you’re right! When I enable all 4 tb3 settings in bios, the USB works! Thx.

Good to hear mate.

But you do not need to enable all functions some of them not needed.

I am not sure your setting in bios since my MB is different.

In my case, I only enabled : Thundebolt (TM) support, GPIO3 ForcePwr, SkipPCI option Rom
Anything else should be disabled.

the most important part is Security: No Security.

Cheer

Can anybody summarize what exactly is needed for this to work right now?

Say you have a hackintosh running high sierra on a 1080ti and a 5k Ultrafine...

What are the next steps or what else do you need?

Many thanks

Hi Hackies,
I'm trying to apply this method to an LG 5k Ultrawide (5120x2160).
I can get it to work in general but the kext has hardcoded 16:9 resolutions.
I edited these to allow for 21:9 but I still seem to be having an issue.
Getting black screen at 5120x2160 @60hz with 2x MDP-DP cables over TB3 (Titan Ridge).
Any ideas?
Cheers!

Hi Hackies,
I'm trying to apply this method to an LG 5k Ultrawide (5120x2160).
I can get it to work in general but the kext has hardcoded 16:9 resolutions.
I edited these to allow for 21:9 but I still seem to be having an issue.
Getting black screen at 5120x2160 @60hz with 2x MDP-DP cables over TB3 (Titan Ridge).
Any ideas?
Cheers!
Try without these old kexts and use the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen with boot argument agpmod=pikera

I want to use the Z390 DESIGNARE with my existing NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 for a Ultrafine 5K set-up. Would this be possible with a modified NVIDIA kext?

Or are there any prerequisites for the GPU choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back