i7-8700K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.
I was given an old prebuilt PC (Core 2 Duo) running Windows 7 at the end of an internship. I added a GT 1030 for using it as a hackintosh as the installer boots and installs successfully.

More recently I built my own PC for light gaming and figured I'd choose my components here to be sure it'd work with macOS. Except for the HDDs, SSDs and case, I chose evrything from the Buyer's guide from may 2018 if I remember correctly. I added a 4GB GTX 1050 for graphics.

Problem is exactly the same on these two systems : While I can boot and install macOS High Sierra, I can't get the graphics cards to work properly, whether it's the 1030 on an old system or the 1050 on a new one. I'm 90% sure the 1030 on my old system worked in SIerra

I tried the following on the new system only:
-Installed web drivers
-Adding and removing the web drivers boot flag
-Added the NVRAM emulation with either multibeast or Clover

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Anyone ? It's been 4 months already and still couldn't get my graphics cards to work.

Thanks in advance.

I don't understand why if the NVDISABLE=1 doesn't work to initiate web drivers anymore
nv_disable=1 has never initiated anything - It disables the Nvidia drivers.

If you want to use a Pascal based graphics card then install High Sierra.

nv_disable=1 has never initiated anything - It disables the Nvidia drivers.

If you want to use a Pascal based graphics card then install High Sierra.

Well it doesn't work with any macOS version despite I chose the 1050 from the buyer's guide.

@rwg4th No chance getting it to work on high sierra nor Sierra or Mojave (which still has yet to see its Nvidia drivers released).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back