i3-6100T
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, tomymacx86 users!

I have recently purchased a brand new GTS250, but it does not work as smooth as it should on my hackintosh build.

Examples:
1. Switching between "General", "Labels", "Sidebar", "Advanced" tabs in Finder preferences pane is absolutely choppy/ not smooth
2. Resizing/ Expanding applications (Safari, Finder, DiskUtility, Calendar etc.) is amazingly laggy, very low framerates
3. Using Fullscreen on QuickTime, VLC causes the same issue

I use Chimera, SMBIOS MacPro 3,1 and GraphicsEnabler boot flag on Mac OS 10.7.5.
I have QE/CI enabled.
The card is correctly recognized in About this Mac.
I tested the GTS250 on Windows 7 and it performed perfectly.

Please, share your opinion and I hope we can resolve this quickly.

I guess there is some issue with OpenGL/ OpenCL animations.

How did you get your gts 250 recognized in the about mac and enable qe ci? Mine did not seem to work with installation (ie image stuttering in imessage and safari and no ripples in mission control). I've tried all sorts of stuff online and can't seem to find anything that works. I'm still stuck in the basic resolution mode.

No issues here. I've been using this DSDT edited to inject GTS250 1GB from 10.6 to 10.9 without issues. Graphics enabler is not necessary. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    21.5 KB · Views: 615
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    630 bytes · Views: 537
No issues here. I've been using this DSDT edited to inject GTS250 1GB from 10.6 to 10.9 without issues. Graphics enabler is not necessary. Hope it helps.

Hey. So I tried coping the code from ur DSDT pertinent to my GTS250 and while it shows up correctly in system info, theres still no CE/QI. I think i might be missing something with DSDT editing. I did adjust the vram size, and the nvcap was the same as yours. I also turned off GraphicsEnabler. I noticed you have device properties injected in ur chameleon boot. Is that for your graphics card?

I dunno what i'm doing wrong. Prior to this i've used instructions by rampage for nvidia drivers and that got me to a similar place where I can see the card in system info, but can't get better graphics performance.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back