Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTS 250 Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Asus g53 with 4xx nvedia, I have used nv_disable=1 and it loaded the setup/install screen, but yet everytime I have to boot from flash with nv_disable=1 typed before loading....any advise and I hope it helped.:) Is there a way to alwaeys load with nvidia diabled for now...

hi i have intel dual core e8500 ausu mbo p5q3 and nvidia gts 250 1gb,,
this helped to me, so i will post what i did. first i had also a black screen then i before boot and instalation maverics i tipe GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No, after that i run instalation with no problems, and the os x recognized my graphic card. but still i couldnt boot withaout usb flash, and still i have to tipe GraphiscEnabler etc... then i run from mulitibeast bootloader chimera, and still boot from usb, after that i run easy beast option and still run from usb boot, and also tiping everytime GraphicsEnabler bla bla... and after that when i entered in osX i find folder extra and in this folder find file org.chameleon.boot.plist and in this folder i changed string where is saying GraphicsEnabler-NO to Yes and string where is IGPEnabler=yes to No. and after that i restart pc, and boot it form hd with no problem..
Sorry for writing errors but i hope that this will help you..

Glad to find this thread. Sounds like a similar problem i'm having trying to get dual monitors working.

I have the DVI to DVI on my primary monitor. As soon as I plug in the HDMI to my second monitor the system hangs.
When its plugged into HDMI the system hangs on boot up as well.

Do you know if my second monitor will work if i get a HDMI2DVI adapter and plug that into the DVI port on the second monitor?

I think the root cause is with HDMI, and I probably need some dsdt edit or kext?
I've read posts that nvenabler had some effect, but I can't seem to find that in the latest multibeast; i'm also on yosemite.

Any help with getting that second monitor up is appreciated.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back