Graphics
Nvidia GTS 250 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was able to install Mountain Lion on my system by removing the Nvidia GTS 250 and using Intel HD 4000, but whenever I try to use my GTS 250 run the machine (Unibeast or Installed System) I get a black screen and the monitor looses signal.

I have used the card with lion previously but with a different mobo.

I have tried using a different monitor, and each different port on my graphics card.

I followed the information at http://www.tonymacx86.com/108-mountain-lion-installation-tips.html but no luck so far.
I've tried all combinations the following boot options:

-x
GraphicsEnabler=No
PCIRootUID=0/1

I did read somewhere that I may need to replace a kext so that mountain lion would work with older nvidia graphics cards

Specs:
Intel I7 Ivy Bridge 3770
Asus P8z77-V LE
Corsair 2x4GB DD3 1600mhz
PNY Nvidia GTS 250 512mb

Thanks,
MT

I had the same issue. With unibeast I had to set PCiRootUID=0 but I could not get it to boot from chimera.
I read another post where they suggested using chameleon instead, which I found to be successful for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a go :)

Fixed the problem a few days ago, after a lot of messing around with different kexts , bootloaders and boot options. It turned out to be my DVI to HDMI connector. I'm using my older smaller monitor now. I can't really think of anything I can do with HDMI monitor as my GFX card only has two DVI ports. It's always the simple things you don't think about. But its fixed now so its all good :)

I have a GTS 250 1GB and just cannot get it to work in the Mountain Lion. No matter what I try I either it hangs or went black. Can you show me how you get it to work? Which kext do you use?

Thanks!

Try a few things:

Firstly boot options as PCIRootUID=0
Try a different port on your card
Make sure your not using any connectors and the monitor goes directly to to the GFX card
Try a different monitor
Try the chameleon bootloader instead of chimera

I did use the lion kexts when it wasn't working, by installing it on my internal graphics and moving the kexts over; but the resolution was stuck, and the graphics card was in 'safe mode' with the fan running at 100% all the time.

How I fixed it was just by using PCIRootUID=0 and removing my HDMI to DVI connector

Hope you get it working,
MT

Thanks for your reply. I have been trying all of those but no luck. One thing notice that everything boot up just fine, but after I repaired the permission it just hang during the boot up. I have transferred those kexts from Lion also but still don't work. May be its time for a new build with newer mobo. Thanks for your help.

hi there,
I got a same problem before, I'm using the gigabyte nvidia GTS250 1G with Asus P6P87LE Mobo.
The black screen is cause by the HDMI port, when i change to DVI port, is work and my osx 10.8
is running well. But my display resolution is limit at 1680x1050.
I'm still googling to fine how to enable to HDMI.

I am currently sitting with the same issue. No response from the GTS 250 on both HDMI and DVI.

Currently dont have onboard or a spare GPU.

Will try using an older NVIDIA kext, or atleast some other trick

Did anyone ever find a solution for the non-working HDMI on the GeForce GTS 250 1GB? I have one installed on a maverics machine and the HDMI causes all screens to go black when plugged in... anyone have any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back