i5-760
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I have bought myself the Zotac Nvidia GT710 in preparation for MacOS 10.14. This being the first time I have upgraded my GPU, what would be the correct flags or steps to take to make the switch?

Currently I am using Nvidia 9500GT on MacOS 10.13 using injectNvidia=True. This works well.

However I have been told that the GT710 has native support. How would I need to adjust my Graphics settings/boot flags in clover in order to use the native drivers presented in MacOS 10.13?

Any help would be appreciated, first time I am upgrading my GPU so I am not sure what steps to take as currently everything is working perfectly on my end with the 9500GT (Upgraded due to no metal support in upcoming MacOS Mojave)

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I have bought myself the Zotac Nvidia GT710 in preparation for MacOS 10.14. This being the first time I have upgraded my GPU, what would be the correct flags or steps to take to make the switch?

Currently I am using Nvidia 9500GT on MacOS 10.13 using injectNvidia=True. This works well.

However I have been told that the GT710 has native support. How would I need to adjust my Graphics settings/boot flags in clover in order to use the native drivers presented in MacOS 10.13?

Any help would be appreciated, first time I am upgrading my GPU so I am not sure what steps to take as currently everything is working perfectly on my end with the 9500GT (Upgraded due to no metal support in upcoming MacOS Mojave)

Thanks!

The GT710 should work in High Sierra but you must not use the Inject Nvidia setting. Disable it.

Hi guys,

Thanks!

I have an Nvidia 710 too, but i get black screen when the system almost start,

Did you were able to install Mojave with this Card?

I have an Nvidia 710 too, but i get black screen when the system almost start,

Did you were able to install Mojave with this Card?

I did an update from High Sierra to Mojave through App Store with no issues. native support on the GT710. Make sure inject nvidia= false. Native drivers work perfectly. Im using smbios 14,2 you might need to use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext if you are using smbios iMac15,1 / iMac17,1 / MacPro6,1 to overcome the black screen issue. These three smbios suffer from black screen at boot if paired with an nVidia GPU.

thanks for the tip, i was struggling with gt710 black screen and had imac17,1. changed to 18,1 and it works fine now.

Hello

Can you please share the guide that you used.

I am struggling to build hackintish and have the exact same card.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back