Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GT610 or intel hd4000 on hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Osx Lion
CPU
Intel i5 3570k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now I'm using nvidia gt610 on my hackintosh because I don't have an adapter hdmi to dvi, but I think that if intel hd4000 is good, to buy this adapter?

Which is the best option?

Use intel hd4000 or an nvidia gt610¿

Best regards

Any opinion?

I would suggest go with the GT610. Either way a discreet card gives much better performance especially if you run lots of graphics apps. But more than that, you can combine with the HD4000 to create a dual or more monitor setup.

Gt610 for sure.

Wow! Thanks for the correct info Toleda. Always thought it was the other way around!

Ok, I will buy the adapter hdmi to dvi, because my monitor doesn't have the hdmi input

I would suggest go with the GT610. Either way a discreet card gives much better performance especially if you run lots of graphics apps. But more than that, you can combine with the HD4000 to create a dual or more monitor setup.

How do you do this? I have a GA-Z77-DS3H/ i5-3570K and I'm running a GT610. I started with a Radeon HD 5450, but found out that I couldn't do dual monitors, and then tried the HD4000 and can't get it to work anymore (after applying the hack to get the 5450 to work? Not sure why it won't) I have a HDMI and a VGA monitor (which the GT610 drives both nicely, OOTB). I don't know if I am missing something, I've followed steps indicated to enable onboard graphics, but get stuck at spinny gear during boot. Any help appreciated, and sorry for noob omissions. I KINDA know what I'm doing, this is my fifth hack, but my first with new hardware.

How do you do this? I have a GA-Z77-DS3H/ i5-3570K and I'm running a GT610. I started with a Radeon HD 5450, but found out that I couldn't do dual monitors, and then tried the HD4000 and can't get it to work anymore (after applying the hack to get the 5450 to work? Not sure why it won't) I have a HDMI and a VGA monitor (which the GT610 drives both nicely, OOTB). I don't know if I am missing something, I've followed steps indicated to enable onboard graphics, but get stuck at spinny gear during boot. Any help appreciated, and sorry for noob omissions. I KINDA know what I'm doing, this is my fifth hack, but my first with new hardware.

Try boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back