Contribute
Register

Nvidia GT430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy a GT710 or 730 will have a good hackintosh experience.
Moneys tight right now buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck here buddy, installing the kexts from Sierra that start with /S/L/E/GeForcexxxx.kext from Sierra allow you get full resolution without need to use safe mode, but still no acceleration...performance like this is better than in safe mode, but obviously not great.

That's as far as my hacking skills go lol, hoping someone a lot smarter than me can find a resolution for this, ive only installed HS on my spare drive for now so I'll be sticking with Sierra for the foreseeable future...please update this thread with any solution when/if one appears, I'll do the same.

I had the same idea,

I tried to replace from Sierra installer the kexts that start with NVDAxxxx.kext. now I get no signal -.-
can I ask you a favor?
can you upload GeForcexxxx.kext from Sierra?
'cause I want to replace them but I can't find them in S/L/E in the Sierra installer.

I had the same idea,

I tried to replace from Sierra installer the kexts that start with NVDAxxxx.kext. now I get no signal -.-
can I ask you a favor?
can you upload GeForcexxxx.kext from Sierra?
'cause I want to replace them but I can't find them in S/L/E in the Sierra installer.
Don't expect the world though, no acceleration :(

Attachments

• GeForce_Sierra.zip
    39.6 MB · Views: 255
I tried installing the new High Sierra update but nothing.
I tried putting all the sierra graphics kext but after the apple logo it gave me the message "no signal".

have you tried installing new drivers for geforce?
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/125379/en-us

I unfortunately can not install them because I have already installed the latest high Sierra update so I have to wait for the next release

I tried installing the new High Sierra update but nothing.
I tried putting all the sierra graphics kext but after the apple logo it gave me the message "no signal".

have you tried installing new drivers for geforce?
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/125379/en-us

I unfortunately can not install them because I have already installed the latest high Sierra update so I have to wait for the next release
Yeah they make no difference, after using the older kexts i use MacPro5,1 (you'll need to remove the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from /S/L/E should get you full resolution.

I bit the bullet in the end and bought a GT710 2GB, works perfectly out of the box with native kexts, doesn't even need injection...the 1GB version is floating about on eBay for about £20, I bought the 2GB new for less than £30.

I didn't really want to spend any money but this is the first thing I've needed to buy in about 5 years so I can't really complain, pretty impressed by the performance so far.

I had the same issues with the GT 430 card, no wallpaper, totally useless etc. So i think the support for this card is now completely dropped in High Sierra.

I changed to a GTX 650 Ti (second hand on eBay for 38.00 bucks :headbang:) and now everything works perfectly in HS. :clap:

I had the same issues with the GT 430 card, no wallpaper, totally useless etc. So i think the support for this card is now completely dropped in High Sierra.

I changed to a GTX 650 Ti (second hand on eBay for 38.00 bucks :headbang:) and now everything works perfectly in HS. :clap:
Yeah in the end I bought a GT710 2GB new for about £40, works straight OOB on HS, didn't really wanna spend much and im chuffed with the performance overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back