GeForce GT445M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello there,

I have successfully installed El Capitan. Bootloader is Clover. My machine is a DELL XPS 17 (L701X).

Unfortunately, the graphics support for the GT 445M is not running. Until recently (Yosemite) I used the Nvidia Web Driver. This also works just fine. However, the latest drivers for El Capitan no longer works.
Are there alternatives? Or do I need special boot parameters?

Greetings,
Balindil

I'm now using DELL L701x with clover. I just edidted smbios - board ID to MacPro3,1's Board ID and the graphics works. (not the whole smbios to macpro3,1(this causes usbs not work), Only the Board ID Change without other modification will make it work.)
Though, I still have problems getting all the usb ports to work...the internal bluetooth and camera is not working(which is connected by usb port internally)

Hello there,

I have successfully installed El Capitan. Bootloader is Clover. My machine is a DELL XPS 17 (L701X).

Unfortunately, the graphics support for the GT 445M is not running. Until recently (Yosemite) I used the Nvidia Web Driver. This also works just fine. However, the latest drivers for El Capitan no longer works.
Are there alternatives? Or do I need special boot parameters?

Greetings,
Balindil

Did you install El Capitan with Clover and UEFI Boot Mode?

Because I couldn't find any UEFI options in the BIOS and I have the latest BIOS version from Dell (apparently) A10.

So if you managed it with UEFI Boot Mode I would love to know how.

Did you install El Capitan with Clover and UEFI Boot Mode?

Because I couldn't find any UEFI options in the BIOS and I have the latest BIOS version from Dell (apparently) A10.

So if you managed it with UEFI Boot Mode I would love to know how.

Clover can use UEFI or legacy boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back