1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just recently rebuilt my hackintosh using my Ivy Bridge i5 machine (in sig). Everything went swimmingly installing High Sierra (10.3.6 specifically) although I had to use the standalone Clover UEFI+NVRAM v2.4 r4586 to allow the system to boot from the SSD without the USB stick present, rather than the version built into Multibeast 10.3.0.

Currently all my hardware and software works except for my nvidia cards - and the latest nvidia driver, while it installs, it won't detect the GPU. I've tried using both my GTX 1050 ti and my older GTX 960, and in both cases it shows 'nVidia 5mb' in About This Mac and is using software rendering making a bunch of software unusable. The nvidia system preference doesn't detect the GPU either. Do note that this system dual boots Windows 10 and both GPUs work flawlessly in windows.

I've gone so far as reinstalling the entire OS and starting from scratch, but I can't get past this nvidia problem. Unfortunately I don't have an AMD card available right now to test. Suggestions?

I thought I was stupid!
I'm at my first hackintosh and I don't see my "gtx 1050 oc" on OS10.13.6.
I hate this card!
I tried all the instructions, but nothing!
1) NO GPU detected (by cuda)
2) Graphics Display 7 MB or less when reboot after the black monitor (my gtx 1050 have 2024!)
3) If "nv_disabled=1" not checked, the monitor goes black!
:thumbdown:banghead::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back