Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10.8.4 beta did the trick!

The card is fully visible inside of OSX with 6114 mb of VRAM and 4 output ports. I am successfully running three screens at once (2 x 1920x1080, 1 x 2560x1440) and everything has so far seemed to perform well for basic use (including Unity3d).

CUDA does not seem supported at the moment and most likely wont be for some time, along with OpenCL being broken as of now.

:headbang: Great to hear from the multiple display support, also!
Saves me the 99$ for the Apple Development Program:cool:

Heavenmarks would be great:thumbup:

Edit: By the way.... what smbios.plist do you use and if it's not a MacPro 3,1 can you play itunes HD videos?

:headbang: Great to hear from the multiple display support, also!
Saves me the 99$ for the Apple Development Program:cool:

Heavenmarks would be great:thumbup:

Edit: By the way.... what smbios.plist do you use and if it's not a MacPro 3,1 can you play itunes HD videos?

Unigine Heaven Benchmark Basic Edition:

- 1280x720, MEDIUM, 2x AA
- 2560x1440, ULTRA, 8x AA

I am not sure how the GTX 680 and Radeon HD7970 does on the same tests, since most tests i could find are Windows based.

I think CUDA is working, but i will have to check up on it some more.

Unigine Heaven Benchmark Basic Edition:

- 1280x720, MEDIUM, 2x AA
- 2560x1440, ULTRA, 8x AA

I am not sure how the GTX 680 and Radeon HD7970 does on the same tests, since most tests i could find are Windows based.

Thx! All I can offer right now is a comparison with a GTX580
Heaven 4.0 Geforce GTX580.png

You said you think cuda is working, Can you test that? I'm getting one as soon as cuda in OS X is go for launch. And yes there is a reason to buy this card. I do a lot of smoke fire explosion simulations. And they all simulate on a gpu, this card will pay for itself within an hour.

I'd also love to know if it's fully working with CUDA. I've been thinking of upgrading the 6870 and this seems ideal!

There we go (latest beta-update seems to perform better):

Basic 1280x720.jpgUltra 2560x1440.jpg

Remember, it's against Apple's NDA and the rules of this site to talk about 10.8.4. ;)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Guys, Modbot's right. Don't risk yourselves getting banned/kicked from TMX86 by discussing things that are banned/under NDAs. Basically, Don't discuss 10.8.4 betas !

Just saying this since I don't want any of you guys to get the boot since y'all seem pretty clever.

With the release of the gtx 780, it might (350$ less) be a better choice for those who don't depend on double precision calculation (the Titan strong suit).

I'll be on the look out for news of the GTX 780 drivers in 10.8.4 ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back