Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW we have to update our GPU description on this website to gtx titan! My desription still shows 'integrated' and yours 'radeon5770'...
Maybe peeps on the site will take us more serious and reply then! lol

I am thinking of getting a gtx titan for my build and was wondering whether it was compatible in 10.8.3. or if there were any ways to getting it to work.
I am a noob and this would be my first ever hackintosh and was wondering how I would enable the titan card if possible.

Thanks in advance for any support.

So, you have the GeForce Titan fully working in OS X??

Not fully.

I am able to install and run it in safe mode using "cpus=1 npci=0x3000" as boot flags. The card seems fully operational (drivers correctly load) on 10.8.3, but it just gives me a black screen.

Not fully.

I am able to install and run it in safe mode using "cpus=1 npci=0x3000" as boot flags. The card seems fully operational (drivers correctly load) on 10.8.3, but it just gives me a black screen.

Do you think the GPU would work for CUDA rendering if you were using the discreet graphics on the motherboard? Thinking of getting a Titan for GPU rendering...

Do you think the GPU would work for CUDA rendering if you were using the discreet graphics on the motherboard? Thinking of getting a Titan for GPU rendering...

I am trying to get a 560ti to work alongside the GTX Titan, but while both cards will work on OSX, having both in there will just stall the initialization at "PCI Configuration begin" and i cannot seem to find a solution for it. My ASUS Sabertooth X79 unfortunately does not feature any kind of discrete onboard graphics, so i am unable to test that.

I am trying to get a 560ti to work alongside the GTX Titan, but while both cards will work on OSX, having both in there will just stall the initialization at "PCI Configuration begin" and i cannot seem to find a solution for it. My ASUS Sabertooth X79 unfortunately does not feature any kind of discrete onboard graphics, so i am unable to test that.

Hmmmm, I might give it a while until the Titan is a bit better supported then

Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.

From the rules.

You need to enter the Apple Development Program for $99 a year to get the beta releases.

A better question: Is there any NEED for a behemoth like this lol?
Unless your gaming in windows with a million displays but logically...

The 10.8.4 beta did the trick!

The card is fully visible inside of OSX with 6114 mb of VRAM and 4 output ports. I am successfully running three screens at once (2 x 1920x1080, 1 x 2560x1440) and everything has so far seemed to perform well for basic use (including Unity3d).

CUDA does not seem supported at the moment and most likely wont be for some time, along with OpenCL being broken as of now.

Great News!!! Can we get a screen shot and some benchmarks??? (i.e...Heavenmark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back