Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that thread, all you need is 10.8.3, but I "think" some people have already tried that, and it still didn't work. I think we need to wait till NVidia releases a newer 10.8.3 driver.

Had all the latest system updates availible for Mountain Lion, didn't help one bit. I think the Titan can be labeled as unsupported by now, atleast untill we see some new Nvidia drivers.

I am thinking about installing a GTX 560ti in my system for running OS X and i have found some guides to what i want to do, but is there any clear guides on using a secondary card for rendering in OS X?

I still haven't got my Titan, yet but following my posted thread there might be a chance by changing the device ID in the DSDT to the K20 ID

I still haven't got my Titan, yet but following my posted thread there might be a chance by changing the device ID in the DSDT to the K20 ID

You might be correct on that, I will try the k20 I.D within a couple days and post back...

Reinstalling OSX to try.

Something is definetly happening after the public 1.8.3 update, it no longer stalls at the Bluetooth message, which could indicate that the frame buffer is starting. I am not getting anything on my screen yet, but it seems like the updated 1.8.3 Nvidia drivers could work with Titan.

i have not tried the DSDT method yet, just a vanilla installation.

Someone will need to explain to me where i have to put in the K20 as an ID, i simply cannot find out how this is done. I can extract my DSDT in OSX and Windows 8 just fine, but the documentation is pretty horrible to find anything usable.

Here is a video describing howto modify gpu kext: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUbue0WF6U
Instead of the ati kext in this video, I beleive you will be looking for these kext:
- AGPM.kext
- NVDANV50HAL.kext
- GeForce.kext
- NVDAGF100HAL.kext
- NVDAResman.kext
- GeforceGA.plugin
- GeforceGLDriver.bundle
- GeforceVADriver.bundle

Although I've never built a hackintosh before so please do more research if necessary and please let me know if you get it working.
Have you tried setting graphics enabler=0 in the dsdt???

I'll look for some more info tonight.
I'm sure some1 has got it to work if I keep reading through forums.
I'll also try to find out where to place the device ID.
Yes titan is gk110 but has the exact same chip architecture as the k20, so trying both ID's wouldn't hurt once we find out where to inject them.

Don't give up sir! I need you lol!
I'm too lazy to go through that whole process and it doesn't work for me too lol. But I desperately want to use Logic Pro 9 and am pissed that it useless to make that happen through vmware :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back