Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, i have just very briefly tried to see if the GTX Titan could boot OSX Mountain and the Mountain Lion USB installer bought from the App store using Unibeast. In both cases the system would end up hanging on the Apple logo. I have not tried using any boot flags yet since i havent got a ton of time tonight and i didn't want to test too much with my new rig coming tomorrow.

Thanks for the update! :)

Hi guys, i have just very briefly tried to see if the GTX Titan could boot OSX Mountain and the Mountain Lion USB installer bought from the App store using Unibeast. In both cases the system would end up hanging on the Apple logo. I have not tried using any boot flags yet since i havent got a ton of time tonight and i didn't want to test too much with my new rig coming tomorrow.

thanks for the update. I think it's probably not going to work until NVidia releases newer drivers, but you could try adding the device ID to the NVidia kexts!!!

thanks for the update. I think it's probably not going to work until NVidia releases newer drivers, but you could try adding the device ID to the NVidia kexts!!!

Any guide to how i would go about doing this?

Some success so far, i have managed to get the OSX installer to boot after quite some trouble (most seemed aimed at my motherboard).

Any updates? :p

Yes.

I have managed to get OS X running on the computer with the GTX Titan, though not with any nVidia driver support as of yet and only in safe mode as of now. I would LOVE it if someone could give me some good documentation on adding the vendor and device id to the nVidia kext. I know the correct id's but i am not sure on how to implement them correctly.

It also seems like i should create a custom efi string for the video card, though i have no idea how to do this properly due to lack of documentation once again.

Yes.

I have managed to get OS X running on the computer with the GTX Titan, though not with any nVidia driver support as of yet and only in safe mode as of now. I would LOVE it if someone could give me some good documentation on adding the vendor and device id to the nVidia kext. I know the correct id's but i am not sure on how to implement them correctly.

It also seems like i should create a custom efi string for the video card, though i have no idea how to do this properly due to lack of documentation once again.

Any updates?? Have you tried 10.8.3, it comes with newer drivers.

Any updates?? Have you tried 10.8.3, it comes with newer drivers.

I have tried all i could with the vendor id and device id solution, along with doing a custom efi string. OSX was updated to the latest version and i am still without luck, it keeps hanging med on a message about bluetooth. From what i can understand that is because the GPU would start there and since it is not properly installed = stalls.

So it seems like i will need to get another Nvidia GPU to run my hackintosh needs unless anyone out there have some solutions.

I'm having the same issue, but does anyone know if I can use the lucid virtu tech in my mobo to use the onboard graphics instead of the titan with OSX?
Or just disable my discrete graphics through bios automatically when using OSX?

Thanks!

i7 2600K
Asus P8z68-vpro
Evga Gtx Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back