1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As this card has a 256bit interface on the Graphics ram, will this card be compatible with hackintoshes, or will it not be fully supported on boot like the radeon 7xxx series. As I dont have integrated graphics on my CPU this is very important to me. Thanks!

Gtx 760

As this card has a 256bit interface on the Graphics ram, will this card be compatible with hackintoshes, or will it not be fully supported on boot like the radeon 7xxx series. As I dont have integrated graphics on my CPU this is very important to me. Thanks!

I think you should take a wait and see approach. As this card is just announced we don't know whether it is supported in OSX at this point (even though it still uses the Kepler class GPU).

GTX770 apparently works so there is hope that GTX760 may also work.

Gtx 760

From the looks of it, and the reasearch I've done, this card *will* work. I am in great need of an upgrade, my GTX 660 simply can't handle a lot of the work I do in FCPX, and After Effects. In my case, my GPU is bottlenecking my system. I probably want to run 2 of these cards in a dual GPU configuration in OS X, and in SLI in windows.

Attachments

• Luxmark-GTX 760.png
    Luxmark-GTX 760.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,742
  • Unigine-GTX 760.png
    Unigine-GTX 760.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 9,899

Attachments

• lineup.png
    lineup.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 29,493
Gtx 760

I'd be interested in seeing what the 760 is detected as in "About This Mac" if you can please post a screenshot. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back