Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GT430 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try using GraphicsEnabler=No to see if you can get the desktop to display rather than a black screen. Long shot, but nothing to lose.

I was able to figure out the problem. I booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PciRoot=4 and It worked with full graphics acceleration. Thank you for your help

I was able to figure out the problem. I booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PciRoot=4 and It worked with full graphics acceleration. Thank you for your help

Using Chameleon bootloader and a Dell motherboard - hence the '4' value - glad that you have managed to get it sorted. Well done. :clap::clap:

I do use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in Mavericks and that works. But in Yosemite it just goes to a black screen once OS X has loaded

Hey, I have the same card and I´ve been using GraphicsEnabler=Yes,maxmem=4096,PCIRootUID=1,PCIRootUID=0,npci=0x2000 -v. I am using it with Yosemite at this moment and It is working.

Hey, I have the same card and I´ve been using GraphicsEnabler=Yes,maxmem=4096,PCIRootUID=1,PCIRootUID=0,npci=0x2000 -v. I am using it with Yosemite at this moment and It is working.

Hi

I am trying your configuration without any success to far (I am about to get myself buy a GT610 which looks much more easy to use and time saving !)

could you pls precise where you did use these settings ?
was it in the boot.plist ? could you pls share it ?

txs !

1.You should have working Windows platform.Use GPU-z to extract the bios from your graphic card. Rename the file ( normally with .rom extension) according to the graphic card ID (You can see the ID also in the GPU-Z), into something like this : 10de_0615.rom
10de is common for Nvidia card, You shoul only change the second part according to the ID You've found out.
2.If You are using Clover as bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into EFI/CLOVER/ROM, add flag LOADVBIOS and thats it.
3.If You are using chameleon/chimera bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into Extra folder , and also add the loadvbios=yes in configurationboot.plist.
Thats is what it takes in short words. Good luck

I have a Packard Bell(Acer) with 420m GPU and GPU-Z doesn´t let me to extract the bios from graphic card, do you have your bios? could you upload? In mavericks I don't have problems but in yosemite only black screen.
Thank You.

hi
i have gt 430 & installed el capitan in my pc.
my problem is system recognize my graphic as zotac gt 430 (with help of cuda installer) but graphic don't show effect of OS . even resolution is in 1024x768 mod!
i use clover v2.3(r3625) & tryed nvda_drv=1 but nothing change!
can anyone help me? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back