Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce GT430 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Bump* has anyone gotten this card working yet? I have tried everything except installing windows to extract the Vbios but still can't get it working

1.You should have working Windows platform.Use GPU-z to extract the bios from your graphic card. Rename the file ( normally with .rom extension) according to the graphic card ID (You can see the ID also in the GPU-Z), into something like this : 10de_0615.rom
10de is common for Nvidia card, You shoul only change the second part according to the ID You've found out.
2.If You are using Clover as bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into EFI/CLOVER/ROM, add flag LOADVBIOS and thats it.
3.If You are using chameleon/chimera bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into Extra folder , and also add the loadvbios=yes in configurationboot.plist.
Thats is what it takes in short words. Good luck

I Installed windows, downloaded GPU-z, saved the Vbios (10de_0DE1.rom) to the Extra Folder (Both on the HDD and the chimera flash drive I'm currently using to boot the PC), used the boot flag loadvbios=yes, but still I get a black screen. What else can I do? This card worked great in Mavericks with just GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Thank you so much! Genius!
Dell Optiplex Core i7 16gb Ssd 256gb NVidia Geforce GT 430 1024mb loaded graphics at full.
Only GPUZ rom extracted and loadvbios did the job!
Weeks of search ends.

Obs.: using CLOVER, not tested with chameleon/chimera.

Can you explain exactly how you did it? I'm using chimera and I can not get it to work no matter what I try

1.You should have working Windows platform.Use GPU-z to extract the bios from your graphic card. Rename the file ( normally with .rom extension) according to the graphic card ID (You can see the ID also in the GPU-Z), into something like this : 10de_0615.rom
10de is common for Nvidia card, You shoul only change the second part according to the ID You've found out.
2.If You are using Clover as bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into EFI/CLOVER/ROM, add flag LOADVBIOS and thats it.
3.If You are using chameleon/chimera bootloader, put the 10de_xxxx.rom into Extra folder , and also add the loadvbios=yes in configurationboot.plist.
Thats is what it takes in short words. Good luck

Is there something I might be missing? Does the .rom file have to be put in a specific folder in the Extra folder? Like extra/extensions?

Is the loadvbios=yes flag case sensitive?

Should I still use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag?

is the .rom file name case sensitive? Should it be 10DE_xxxx in capitals or 10de_xxxx in lowercase?

It says NVDAStartup: Official and something like NVDGAL10000 loaded and Registered but after that the display goes into sleep mode.

*Bump* has anyone gotten this card working yet? I have tried everything except installing windows to extract the Vbios but still can't get it working

This card does not have good support past Lion. nVidia 4** and 5** series are well known not to work well. You would be better putting a 6** series card in to your build - a GT610 is on a par with the GT340, but the GT610 does at least have support and is known to work.

This card does not have good support past Lion. nVidia 4** and 5** series are well known not to work well. You would be better putting a 6** series card in to your build - a GT610 is on a par with the GT340, but the GT610 does at least have support and is known to work.

Really? I've been using this card since Lion and it has always worked great without any glitches or problems. I'm running Mavericks on it now and it works fine but I really want to run Yosemite. Is there a relatively cheap graphics card that works with Yosemite? I bought an iMac so this hackintosh doesn't need to anything very intense in terms of graphics.

Really? I've been using this card since Lion and it has always worked great without any glitches or problems. I'm running Mavericks on it now and it works fine but I really want to run Yosemite. Is there a relatively cheap graphics card that works with Yosemite? I bought an iMac so this hackintosh doesn't need to anything very intense in terms of graphics.

In Mavericks and Yosemite try using
Code:
 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
at the boot screen. You can set this permanently using MultiBeast (find it under Customize from memory).

For a cheap card have a look at a GT610
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back