i7-4790K
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi tonymac family.
I purchased the 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 graphic card one year ago, and since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, it is suffering from random freezes. It normally freeze with twitter videos and twitch (watching a twitch video makes my mackintosh freeze), but now it is getting freezed with no reason. I don't know what to do, as I bought this graphic card to solve the random freezes my old card suffered from.
Captura de pantalla 2016-11-29 a las 11.35.15.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-11-29 a las 11.35.29.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-11-29 a las 11.35.09.png

SOLVED:
I had Inject Intel=YES. With Inject Nvidia = No, and Inject Intel = NO, you don't have random freezes with this graphic card.

Last edited:
Hi tonymac family.
I purchased the 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 graphic card one year ago, and since I upgraded to macOS Sierra, it is suffering from random freezes. It normally freeze with twitter videos and twitch (watching a twitch video makes my mackintosh freeze), but now it is getting freezed with no reason. I don't know what to do, as I bought this graphic card to solve the random freezes my old card suffered from.
View attachment 222935 View attachment 222936 View attachment 222937

Its a known problem. Sierra has problems with certain GPUs. Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

You have no power management which don't help things. AppleLPC isn't loaded, SATA is coming under SAT0 which isn't correct. No MCHC, no SMBUS.

That guide is the one to use for power management.
If you had the freezing issue with two different graphics cards then that would indicate that graphics may not be the cause of your problem.

The GT740 has native support in Sierra, you do not need the web drivers and I would suggest removing them.
Actually I had the freezing issue in a 210, but when I purchased the 740 when El Capitan I had no freezing problem at all. The issue came with Sierra.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back