Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in ML

Someone reported to me that the latest 10.8.2 beta does NOT fix this issue.

GTS 450 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Someone reported to me that the latest 10.8.2 beta does NOT fix this issue.

and what we can do now MacMan, i'm still on lion

GTS 450 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

lisapower my friend i think we will found the fix on your hand, internal sense :)

Palit NVidia GT 630 2gb works fine with my Asus P5B core2duo 1.6ghz running on Lion 10.7.4. I just updated the chimera and check the 10.7.2+ openCL enabler using multibeast then after I rebooted, it recognizes the nvidia gt630 but it only sees 1024mb instead of 2gb. Hope it helps.

Here i come with FANTASTIC NEWS!

nVidia has released new "QUADRO & GEFORCE MAC OS X DRIVER RELEASE 304.00.00" Link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

This fixes the
1 - Blue/white Screen issue.
2 - Changing Resolution
3 - Turning Monitor Off/On again while in Mountain Lion.

What still is not working is the "Deep Sleep", that means: CPU doesn't go to sleep.

Example:
If i go to System Preferences / Energy Saver, and set the "Display" to 1 min. everything works, screen comes back after waking up by mouse click and desktop works.
But if i set the "Computer" also to 1 min, so "both" are set to 1 min., then only the Monitor is going to sleep but not the Computer (CPU), and by waking up by Mouse both are frozen, Display & CPU, cant move mouse etc.. Restart is necessary.

Everything else is working fine so far.

cheers.

RE: Here i come with FANTASTIC NEWS!

LISAPOWER, that i said before the fix will come by you, and here it is .. thanks my friend

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

LISAPOWER, that i said before the fix will come by you, and here it is .. thanks my friend

Well, it's from nVidia, but i really was waiting for them.

This is a very interesting topic but as I only have a GT 440 it seems I'm in a somewhat grey area.

However I can confirm and deny a few things for this card, using 10.8.1

I'm using VGA output which works fine but the sleep issue gives totally black screen, no pattern. Maybe the VGA is the cause of that difference? CPU still on.

Resolution change gives blue screen however it autodetects my 1440x900 LCD and is fine at that resolution. I wanted to try 1280 at a higher refresh but no-go.

I tried the CUDA and OpenCL patches/drivers but these made no difference to anything. Will install the latest nVidia driver and see if these improve the other abilities. Hopefully these will all be mended - bar the sleep issue.

(Thanks to lisapower for doing the tests!! :-D )

An interesting clue that perhaps someone with more knowledge than me (most people!!) will understand is that in Google Earth I have to set the internal Graphics Preference to "Use Safe Mode Graphics". Leaving this unticked has caused a pretty quick crash to desktop through Lion and Mountain Lion.

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

cheers.

PLZZZ, Anybody tell me , is that one working with GT 630 ?? Am afraid of system failure after install ( if my card is not supported )

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back