Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

I tried doing this with my GT430 but none of the files you talk about are being found. What does that mean? Have I installed something wrong? How can it be different?

liapower, and any one whom concern, here is the fix from our friend (vcZilla) as he wrote:

This time it's final! (At least I hope).

I don't know where to start. OK, let me make a quick recap for people joining in on the fun. Apple released a 10.8.2 update to OS X which (re-)screws everything in regard to system stability for us fermi owners.

The just released nvidia driver doesn't install out of the box. I provided a somewhat incomplete solution to force it to work earlier in this forum
but for some reason I didn't think of checking that OpenCL worked besides launching OceanWave.
And indeed it soon became apparent that LuxMark didn't work and just rendered a white screen.
As I surmised earlier it was probably because OpenCL.framework had been also updated by the 10.8.2 update and needed a rollback.

For your convenience I'm gonna re-post the entire solution corrected for that problem. Sorry to those who already applied the fix, but read on there's a fix for the fix at the end. The next part is an almost verbatim copy and paste of my previous post save for two added lines to take care of that pesky OpenCL problem. If you already applied the previous fix just skip to the part after the ### mark.

Also I originally didn't notice this but when the 'sudo ditto ...' command is run it prints 'sudo: unable to initialize PAM: No such file or directory'. Don't pay any attention to it, the file was copied just fine.

So the first step of course is to backup everything (by default to your home folder, if you want it somewhere else just replace the tilde sign (~) in the command by a folder of your choosing):

Code:
sudo cp -R /System/Library/{Extensions/{GeForce*,NVDA*},Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework} ~
Then you'll have to install nvidia's pkg as usual, DO NOT reboot once it's done.

Next download the zip archive named nvidia_10.8.2.zip attached at the end of the post, unzip it somewhere (it will expand to a folder named nvidia_10.8.2), open a terminal, run these commands (don't forget to replace /folder_where_I_unzipped_the_archive by the name of the folder in which you extracted the archive):

Code:
cd /folder_where_I_unzipped_the_archive/nvidia_10.8.2
sudo rm -r /System/Library/{Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework}
sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenCL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework
sudo ditto --hfsCompression GPUSupport.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/{Frameworks/{OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework},PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework}
And that's it. No need to rebuild your kernel cache since the nvidia's installer took care of that.

Now what all this does is reinstall some frameworks (OpenCL.framework, OpenGL.framework and GPUSupport.framework) from the 10.8.1 release because they are a dependency of /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriver which is the OpenGL driver.

If you want some OpenCL goodness, you'll have to apply this patch (for more info about this, read my earlier post on the subject):

Code:
sudo perl -p -i.old -e '$c+=s/\x8b\x81\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\xeb\x06\x8b\x81\x20\x0c\x00\x00/\xb8\x02\x00\x00\x00\x90\xeb\x06\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90/; END { printf "%s: %d substitution%s made.\n",($c==1 ? "Success" : "Error"),$c,(!$c || $c>1 ? "s" : ""); $?=($c!=1); } ' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib
###
For people who applied the partial fix posted earlier. Download the attachment named opencl_fix.zip at the end of this post.

Then make a backup of your original OpenCL.framework, as earlier this command save the framework to your home folder, just change the tilde to where you want it to be saved:

Code:
sudo cp -R /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework ~
And finally unzip the archive somewhere, and run these commands (don't forget to replace /folder_where_I_unzipped_the_archive by the name of the folder in which you extracted the archive):

Code:
cd /folder_where_I_unzipped_the_archive/opencl_fix
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework
sudo ditto --hfsCompression OpenCL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework
And that's it for now. I hope I didn't forget something (again). Also as noted earlier this is not a perfect solution, there are still problems with WebGL and Safari (or Opera Next and hardware acceleration if you swing that way).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread-83.html

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

The next release of MultiBeast, 5.1.0 will include the OpenCL patch for this version.

The next release of MultiBeast, 5.1.0 will include the OpenCL patch for this version.
Thanks. :clap:
When will ready? :D
Can I install the latest nvidia driver for 10.8.2 and after use MultiBeast 5.1.1 to patch OpenCL?

I applied NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch (no retail) and 2GB OpenCL Patch with MultiBeast 5.1.1 but OpenCL still not works.
My card is GeForce GT 430 2GB.
:banghead:

I have installed nvidia retail for 10.8.2 and before the reboot applied NVIDIA OpenCL patch but still not works.

Guys! this is a IMPORTANT note! also Tonymacx86 Team should know and maybe add this to the Frontpage.

After many days no, weeeeeeeeeks i found finally what the problem is for the BlackScreen after DeepSleep wake up.

And guess what it was? "XQuartz"

So if you have XQuartz installed and running as default server, it will break the DeepSleep.

I can confirm this 100% because i rebooted and tested the DeepSleep right away after every install i made after having Mountain Lion 10.8.2 working with DeepSleep on my Hackintosh.

So XQuartz need to be Fixed!

Maybe someone could contact the envelopers to fix this. As i have spend now to much time on this and need some sleep.

Again, it's XQuartz that gives me a Blackscreen on waking up after DeepSleep.

Hope this will save a lot of users a lot of Time now that you all know what the problem is for DeepSleep.

Cheers

"Lisapower"

Hackintosh: - Mac Pro (System definition 3.1)
System: - Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.1
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 Bios FF
CPU: - Intel 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
GraphicsnVidia - GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram - Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz) -
Geekbench: - Score10836

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! - UPDATE! -

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys! this is a IMPORTANT note! also Tonymacx86 Team should know and maybe add this to the Frontpage.

I was wrong with my comment about XQuartz breaks DeepSleep. And i'm really sorry for that, but mistakes happened.

After many days no, weeeeeeeeeks i found finally what the problem is for the BlackScreen after DeepSleep wake up.

And guess what it was? "Realtek Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2"

So if you have Realtek "Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" installed, it will break the DeepSleep.

I solved the issue just by making a clean install from scratch, but this time i used "Ln2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2"

I first thought that it was XQuartz that breaks the DeepSleep but it's not,

Again, it's "Gigabite Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" that gives me a Blackscreen on waking up after DeepSleep and also CPU hangs.

With "Ln2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet from MultiBeast 5.1.2" everything runs fine, except for the random freezes that nVidia users have.

To Fix the random freezes just run a short clip in VLC Player as a loop in the Background. So The CPU is always busy. This fixes the random freezes. This is a temporarily fix. but better then to Reboot all 10min.

Hope this will save a lot of users a lot of Time now that you all know what the problem is for DeepSleep (BlackScreen) & CPU Hanging.

Cheers

"Lisapower"

Hackintosh: - Mac Pro (System definition 3.1)
System: - Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.1
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 Bios FF
CPU: - Intel 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
GraphicsnVidia - GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram - Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz) -
Geekbench: - Score10836

Palit NVidia GT 630 2gb works fine with my Asus P5B core2duo 1.6ghz running on Lion 10.7.4. I just updated the chimera and check the 10.7.2+ openCL enabler using multibeast then after I rebooted, it recognizes the nvidia gt630 but it only sees 1024mb instead of 2gb. Hope it helps.

Hey revvhardan can u pls post ur multibeast settings have the same Graphics card,hoping to install ML . My board is a Gigabyte Ga-Z77X-UD5H and i7-3770K with 8 gb ram and GT 630 graphics card:::::::::::::::::Worried abt the GT 620 ,GT 630 Graphics cards issues in ML.I'll be very grateful::::::::::::::::::::...............:| Thanks.....

I wonder... Is it beneficial for me to install the Nvidia drivers and/or the CUDA drivers if I have a EVGA GeForce GTX 460 (01G-P3-1370-TR) (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16.

I ask this because I never see the card listed in the list of supported cards. So would it be good, bad or just completely useless ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back