Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Can you help with getting my EVGA GT 620 to work please? I loaded to 10.8.2 ML which everyone said was natively supported. I get it to load up after the latest MultiBeast but when I get to Login screen it is all the crazy ass colors and glitches but the mouse curser is easily identified on both DVI port screens. Been months of troubleshooting just to find a damn card that will display dual screen effectively and would love some help with this supposed NATIVE GT 620.
Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

B

Article: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, GTS 450, GTX 550Ti, GT 620, GT 630 Graphics Cards Issues in Mountain Lion

Trust Me...GT 630 is a no go for me! I tried with Open CL and all the variations/smbios definitions! Graphic Enabler =no/yes and still no smooth video playback on youtube. Has to be one of those newer Kepler based cards. Loginfailed Golden build used a hd6850 which should work natively

Definitely the (GT 630 of 2GB) has no solution to the problems in 10.7.5 And 10.8.XX.

1) Random, blue or white screen at startup.
2) Random, gray screen on reboot or glitchy.
3) only recognizes one of 2GB of RAM.
4) Black screen when I play a youtube video in full screen.
5) Black screen when I try to play "Angry Birth or Asylum Batman".

Att:
- Nvidia Drivers + patchs.
- GA = Yes
- Clover Efi Bootloader (all about the graph (x)) same as in chameleon.

My System:
- E8400 3.0 mhz 1333-8 GB RAM 1333.
- GIGABYTE GT 630 2GB (GV-N630-2GI) = using the HDMI output.
- Definition of the system: all near Dual Core 2 Duo (iMac 10-11-12, Mac Pro 3.1)
- Multibeast: 5xxx

If someone gets rocks with this card (GV-N630-2GI), please leave a Guide.

Greetings and good luck.

definitely the (gt 630 of 2gb) has no solution to the problems in 10.7.5 and 10.8.xx.

1) random, blue or white screen at startup.
2) random, gray screen on reboot or glitchy.
3) only recognizes one of 2gb of ram.
4) black screen when i play a youtube video in full screen.
5) black screen when i try to play "angry birth or asylum batman".

Att:
- nvidia drivers + patchs.
- ga = yes
- clover efi bootloader (all about the graph (x)) same as in chameleon.

My system:
- e8400 3.0 mhz 1333-8 gb ram 1333.
- gigabyte gt 630 2gb (gv-n630-2gi) = using the hdmi output.
- definition of the system: All near dual core 2 duo (imac 10-11-12, mac pro 3.1)
- multibeast: 5xxx

if someone gets rocks with this card (gv-n630-2gi), please leave a guide.

Greetings and good luck.

i have also palit geforce gt 630 2gb 128bit please help !!!

By some luck I got my GT430 to sleep and wake!!!! OMG only got it going last night and tried it for about 3-4 power cycles and it worked!

Crossing my fingers but I think I might have made some progress...

Here is what I did.

I installed this

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Then added the sleep enabler Kext. and repaired permissions all via kext wizard.

I restarted and it and I read the directions here and downloaded the pack.

http://www.osx86.net/view/3197-[new]_10.8.1_nvidia_geforce_gt_430_updat_...html

I wasnt sure about alot of it but I did do this....

Installed This Driver ==>> (PhysX.For.MAC).CUDA.by.KemalALKIN.zip

I copied the smbios.plist and merged it from the install instructions package with my current one manually (just pasted and deleted the duplicates in the text file.

I repaired permissions

I restarted and the thing slept and woke!

Upon restart I was asked to do the CUDA update. Crossed my fingers and applied the update. It is now sleeping and waking.

Only thing is and I hope I can figure this out. It does not seem to sleep with the power all the way down when I let it sit. The computer seems to go to sleep but the fans keep running. I have to play with the energy preferences. When I hit the sleep button on my keyboard or choose sleep from the menu it goes all the way down...

I hope this helps someone out there.

Now if I can only figure out why this wont auto-sleep...

Big smiles here so far!

Big smiles here so far!

Are you on 10.8.4 yet mate?....my gt430 is working fine except the black screen after sleep issue.if I leave it on the black screen,after about five minutes it springs to life and everything works.while its in black screen state,all fans are running,can't ping it.
What system def are you using?
Did you delete appletymcedriver.kext?
Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back