Contribute
Register

Nvidia GEForce 740SC not allowing Yosemite (10.10.5) to shutdown (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've recently did a clean install of Yosemite and I'm having trouble shutting down. I choose shut down from the apple menu and the computer just reboots. I did some research and found that it could be my graphics card. So I removed the graphics card and booted from my intel graphics with inject intel selected in clover configurator. That allowed me to properly shut down Yosemite. Upon entering Yosemite after the first successful shutdown, there was a lot of alerts for software updates and the like. Almost as if they had been waiting for a successful shut down and boot.

I don't have HDMI video just DVI to my GEForce 740 so the loss of graphics to my on board graphics was not noticeable. The problem arises when I boot into my windows partition for gaming and I need the GEForce 740 for certain games.

I looked up the web drivers for Nvidia but they don't seem to be listed for the 740 as it's suppose to be native in 10.10.x I was hoping updating to the current drivers and booting clover with the nvda_drv=1 flag in my config.plist would fix the shutdown problems.

Is it okay to use the web drivers if they are not for my model? and will it fix the issue of shutdown if the GEForce 740 was suppose to be natively supported?

Thanks for any advice :)

I have identical card and I have the same problem.
Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back