Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HoochShepherd said:
Ok, so I did a fresh install recently and when I got up I had my card auto-recognized. Previously I had to do the 1081 insert and the aty kext thing to get it going.
The big difference from last time is that now my youtube videos aren't playing.

First question is does anyone know why?
2nd question is if my card auto-recogonized as a 1081 that definately means it's a 1081 right? Part of the reason I ask is cause I believe Dino has the same exact card but was using 1086 instead.

Still having issues with openCL and opengl, but I figure I should figure this out first. And I'm gonna install this on an SSD, so I may just do a fresh install there instead of CCCing over. Depending on if I get anything accomplished between now and then.

No I am running 1081. I tried running running 1086 it seemed to be ok at one point but in windows or Linux I can't remember but somewhere it said the device I'd wad 1081 so I have stuck with that.

I am still not getting openCL though. I am still stuck on that

dinosaurcam said:

Are you back down to 7.1 or still at 7.2? And out of curiosity, what chimera version are you using?

HoochShepherd said:
dinosaurcam said:

Are you back down to 7.1 or still at 7.2? And out of curiosity, what chimera version are you using?

I am on 10.7.2 11C48 and I am not sure on chimera. How can I check that do I need to do a restart? Or is it listed in a file?

dinosaurcam said:
So I tried replacing my two com.boot.plists with the ones from TheQuestian, and my box would not boot. I had to pull my graphics card out to get to the bios reset and reset to even get my load screen into my Lion backup install.. Here is the 3 com.boot.plists. They are labeled as to where each one is.

Maybe I just need to add some of it not sure. Any thoughts.
Goodness! That sucks, man. :cry:

I didn't realize so many people were running 10.7.2, now. I guess I should have mentioned that I am still running 10.7.0; I've seen some other kext files floating around for 10.7.2, so I assume the old kexts (i.e. like mine) are no longer compatible. Sorry about all the trouble, buddy!

Please, everyone who can read this, check out my sig before you try the files. I will feel awful if anyone else has this much trouble.

TheQuestian said:
dinosaurcam said:
So I tried replacing my two com.boot.plists with the ones from TheQuestian, and my box would not boot. I had to pull my graphics card out to get to the bios reset and reset to even get my load screen into my Lion backup install.. Here is the 3 com.boot.plists. They are labeled as to where each one is.

Maybe I just need to add some of it not sure. Any thoughts.
Goodness! That sucks, man. :cry:

I didn't realize so many people were running 10.7.2, now. I guess I should have mentioned that I am still running 10.7.0; I've seen some other kext files floating around for 10.7.2, so I assume the old kexts (i.e. like mine) are no longer compatible. Sorry about all the trouble, buddy!

Please, everyone who can read this, check out my sig before you try the files. I will feel awful if anyone else has this much trouble.

In your boot.plist, whats the device properties? Would I get away with using that for my 1081?

HoochShepherd said:
In your boot.plist, whats the device properties? Would I get away with using that for my 1081?
To my knowledge, the only info used to create the data in my device-properties is:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
1280MB VRAM
DVI/DVI < That is the type of connection I am using.

Based on that, it shouldn't matter. But that's just my unprofessional opinion!

I got the box working again last night after a clean install. Funky stiff happens when I inject the 10.7.2 bundle. It boots, but after the galaxy background comes up, the iconbar at the bottom only half appears, as if the screen doesn't fit the monitor. Subsequently, it starts complaining about wanting to restart previous apps, and even if you confirm, there's some rattling of the HD and the same question reappears.Luckily it DID start in safe mode (at full res no less) and I was able to inject the 10.7.1 bundle. That works.
At this time it's configured as a MacPro 3.1, since my attempts to go for 5.1 in the past didn't work.
I've only added the device id to the HAL, so now I have full res.
There's probably more I should do to get full functionality, but this thread has become so chaotic I just can't figure it out anymore.
I'll see if I can dig something up elsewhere.

Can someone please help me out here, I can't get full resoultuion even with GeForceGLDriver.bundle and NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
I got them from here.
http://www.kexts.com/view/1699-gtx580_lion_10.7.1.html

I used the xmove+muiltibeast guide.

Specs: Evga E760, Xenon W3520, Corsair 1600C7, EVGA GTX580 FTW HC2

jaygunz said:
Can someone please help me out here, I can't get full resoultuion even with GeForceGLDriver.bundle and NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
I got them from here.
http://www.kexts.com/view/1699-gtx580_lion_10.7.1.html

I used the xmove+muiltibeast guide.

Specs: Evga E760, Xenon W3520, Corsair 1600C7, EVGA GTX580 FTW HC2

What chimera are you using? Did you repair and rebuild after using those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back