Contribute
Register

Nvidia Fermi on macOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced the CoreDisplay and repaired permissions and rebuild caches.
Acceleration still not working. Boot not working every time anymore and more glitches visible with the new CoreDisplay.
Is there maybe something I need to change in my config.plist? Or do I need to remove the Nvidia and Geforce from S/L/E?
Appreciate the help :)
are u found the solution?

I confirm Nvidia GT 710 works with Mojave, native. Metal is supported as well.

I dug around and found my old Nvidia Geforce GT 710. It works perfectly on 10.14.3. :) All I did was to check "Inject Nvidia", and uninstall Nvidia Web Drivers.

screenshot-2019-01-31-at-8-29-01-pm-png.383760

Your graphics card does not support Metal, the new Apple graphics framework which is required in MacOS Mojave.

Consider upgrading to a more modern graphics card or go back to an older version of MacOS such as Sierra which still supports your GTX 460.
Is Sierra the last version where you can use GTX 460? I just installed High Sierra and was unable to make it work. I can boot only with nv_disable=1. I was looking for some threads about Fermi cards with never OS X versions, found this, but it seems to be another dead end. Or is there any way to make it work? Hope this is not too offtopic.

Is Sierra the last version where you can use GTX 460? I just installed High Sierra and was unable to make it work. I can boot only with nv_disable=1. I was looking for some threads about Fermi cards with never OS X versions, found this, but it seems to be another dead end. Or is there any way to make it work? Hope this is not too offtopic.

I think so. Fermi cards like GTS450 / GTX460 / GTX550 Ti have problems in High Sierra and Mojave. If you want to continue to use your old 460 Sierra may be the latest you can go.

Gt 430 works with Inject Nvidia on 10.14.4 but no acceleration..Tried OP's steps but had no luck
However,GT 430 says Metal is supported in my trusty Sierra 10.12.6 partition..
Any ideas?

Gt 430 works with Inject Nvidia on 10.14.4 but no acceleration..Tried OP's steps but had no luck
However,GT 430 says Metal is supported in my trusty Sierra 10.12.6 partition..
Any ideas?

Before we could use the Sierra Kexts in High Sierra for previously supported cards but now Mojave has Metal2 and it doesn’t work.
Best option is to buy a new card for Mojave.
Nvidia GT710 works but make sure to get the ddr3 model not the gddr5.

Before we could use the Sierra Kexts in High Sierra for previously supported cards but now Mojave has Metal2 and it doesn’t work.
Best option is to buy a new card for Mojave.
Nvidia GT710 works but make sure to get the ddr3 model not the gddr5.
Yes..thank you
I've been searching around for some time for compatible cheap cards as mine and read that 710 is being used by lots of guys.think i am gonna get one soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back