Contribute
Register

Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080 ti Issue on Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully everything is still backed up on my old Yosemite build. Will HS cooperate well with my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3? I would consider swapping the new card with old one, but Windows is already setup with the new one.

HS will work with GTX 1080 with web driver so you just need to install HS over Yosemite.

HS will work with GTX 1080 with web driver so you just need to install HS over Yosemite.

Instead of installing over my Yosemite install, I just erased the SSD I originally had Mojave on (I can copy over my files later). So when I install High Serria, should I remove the GPU? I've been getting errors during the install saying it can't install on my computer.

Instead of installing over my Yosemite install, I just erased the SSD I originally had Mojave on (I can copy over my files later). So when I install High Serria, should I remove the GPU? I've been getting errors during the install saying it can't install on my computer.

You will have to disable or remove the Nvidia card. Install the web driver, reboot and enable or reinsert the video card.

You are running Mojave? If so you either have to wait until Nvidia releases web drivers for Mojave to fully support your card, or just use your old card (GTX 760), or just use CPU integrated graphics (HD4000) under Mojave.

How long will it take for Nvidia to release the driver support for GTX 1080, i want to build a hackintosh and i have a gtx 1080, and my work is pretty graphic reliable, so i dont want to use intel graphics, so i am waiting for the Nvidia update

How long will it take for Nvidia to release the driver support for GTX 1080, i want to build a hackintosh and i have a gtx 1080, and my work is pretty graphic reliable, so i dont want to use intel graphics, so i am waiting for the Nvidia update

No idea when they will release the driver for Mojave. It could tomorrow or one year. My suggestion is to stay with High Sierra if you want to use GTX 1080. There's not much difference between High Sierra and Mojave so you're not missing anything major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back