Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers Required For a Quadro 2000 in Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Workstation
CPU
Xeon processor
Graphics
Quadro 2000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am using 1GB HP NVIDIA Quadro 2000 series graphic card, required any NVIDIA web driver?

Hi,

I am using 1GB HP NVIDIA Quadro 2000 series graphic card, required any NVIDIA web driver?

The Quadro 2000 is based on the Fermi chipset, which lacks Metal support required in Mojave. The card may not work properly in Mojave.

Hi,

Here are all of the Quadro cards that are still supported in Mojave:
  • Quadro 410
  • Quadro K420
  • Quadro K600
  • Quadro K2000/D
  • Quadro K4000/D
  • Quadro K4200
  • Quadro K5000
  • Quadro K5200
  • Quadro K6000
  • NVS 510
NOTE: Most of these have a K at the beginning of the model number. That means they are Kepler based.
You might be able to use a Quadro 2000 with High Sierra and the Nvidia Web drivers. Give that a try and see if it works.

Hi,

Non-metal NV card may work on Mojave, not sure old Quadro will work or not, see below link may help
https://github.com/chris1111/Fix-Old-NVIDIA-macOS-Mojave

The K2000 Quadro is Kepler based and works fine without web drivers. The (non-K) Quadro 2000 is Fermi based and not fully supported in macOS. I don't think the web drivers will help to make it work fully but I've never tested one.

Since the refurbished K2000s are widely available at low prices there's no reason to buy the older Quadro 2000.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back