Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
but Nvidia drivers are not supported on Mojave, how did you do it? i dont understand

Mojave has built-in support for most Kepler based cards.

Mojave has built-in support for most Kepler based cards.
im currently installing Mojave, so to avoid graphics problems, should I use just wherevergreen.kext? or do I need to patch something?

im currently installing Mojave, so to avoid graphics problems, should I use just wherevergreen.kext? or do I need to patch something?

You have a GTX 1050. That's not a Kepler card. Nvidia hasn't released any drivers for your card. Nothing you install and no patches you apply will give you acceleration in Mojave.

You have a GTX 1050. That's not a Kepler card. Nvidia hasn't released any drivers for your card. Nothing you install and no patches you apply will give you acceleration in Mojave.
thanks, Im using iGPU instead

At what point in the year, if any, should we give up waiting and just replace the video card?

Any guesses? Thoughts?

I lost all hope for Nvidia when they couldn't get the UI lag fixed from 10.13.0-10.13.3 and gave no comments on whether they were even working on the problem. That was almost a year ago. My Vega 56 and RX 560 have both been buttery smooth.

Unfortunately I am not about to give up my Nvidia card. I do a lot of gaming so I would prefer to stick to Nvidia. As far as the Mac goes, it is starting to get really annoying. I've been looking for a practical way to use multiple cards, but with my multi-monitor setup it isn't so easy.

I am honestly more likely to just go back to being a Windows user, stick to High Sierra for the foreseeable future, or buy a Mac mini (not looking forward to that option).

I just wish there was some actual work around other than buying AMD cards.

Unfortunately I am not about to give up my Nvidia card. I do a lot of gaming so I would prefer to stick to Nvidia. As far as the Mac goes, it is starting to get really annoying. I've been looking for a practical way to use multiple cards, but with my multi-monitor setup it isn't so easy.

I am honestly more likely to just go back to being a Windows user, stick to High Sierra for the foreseeable future, or buy a Mac mini (not looking forward to that option).

I just wish there was some actual work around other than buying AMD cards.
It's not the solution but I use dual boot system: OS X (with iGPU) and Win10 with NVIDIA. The last one is only for gaming.

It's not the solution if you would like to render something but what to do man :( I feel bad when tried to use Adobe AE in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back