Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if this is allowed, sorry if it's not

@pastrychef have not benchmarked it
I only use this PC for photoshop work. once in a while I experience a weird glitch while using photoshop. not sure what causes that, could be a power issue since I can't install a 4-500 watt power supply in this system, max power supply I could purchase is 280 watts from Dell. (optiplex 3050 SFF)

I also own an Optiplex 3050. Lol. That's why I'm interested in the WX4100. I'm currently using an RX 560 and was wondering if the WX4100 would be an upgrade for me...

Dear friends, why do we looking for NVidia drivers?
I have Sapphire GTX 760 2GB and it just works. I have up to 100% GPU loading in FCPX/Compressor Export. Ordo we look for something else?

Last edited:
Dear friend, why do we looking for NVidia drivers?
I have Sapphire GTX 760 2GB and it just works. I have up to 100% GPU loading in FCPX/Compressor Export. Ordo we look for something else?

You have a Kepler card that has native support from macOS. The people looking for Nvidia drivers are not running Kepler cards.

@macs_forever wx4100 does have a fan and depending on your case, you may hear it running on load

No Radeon comes without a fan. The WX4100 runs at only 50w if I remember correctly. Watts equals heat. All other things being equal, a 50w card will run cooler and need less fan. ATI purposely tries to make the WX series as quiet as it can. It also allows the card to get hotter before it goes full throttle on the fan. Alternatively, you can get a Vega 64 and lower it's clock to a 4th of factory settings, lower it's voltage, and alter the fan profile to run nearly silent for only $500 or so. I didn't go that drastic but my Vega is quiet unless I play games.

Not off hand. I did take an RX560 and remove the fans, but I had case fans blowing directly on the card anyway. The two sets of fans so close together were making noise so I just removed the smaller, weaker fans from the low profile rx560 card and let the 92mm Noctua case fans do the work. They were MUCH more quiet. Wonder if the WX4100 (still has a fan) would be quiet. My W7000 was very quiet, a single slot card too. VERY heavy for a single slot card, lot's of heatsink copper I think.
what is the advantage of doing this? more quiet workplace?

You have a Kepler card that has native support from macOS. The people looking for Nvidia drivers are not running Kepler cards.

What do I need to activate OpenCL engine on GTX 760 in Mojave?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 19.22.40.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-02 at 19.22.40.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 114
What do I need to activate OpenCL engine on GTX 760 in Mojave?

You shouldn't have to do anything. The built-in drivers should do it.

I have no idea why you are getting zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back