Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on the situation from Extreme Tech. Basically, there's nothing new. They're suggesting that you sign the aforementioned petition:

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...upport-nvidia-silicon-with-macos-10-14-mojave

Looks like it up to 10,000 signers.

If we set an average Nvidia card price @ $500 that equals about 5 million in sales for the Mac market. If we set @ $1000 then it’s 10 million in sales for the Mac users.

Nvidia reported 8.14 billion in annual sales of discrete graphics cards for the fiscal year.
That’s about 1.2% of Nvidia card annual sales numbers. We need more petitioners to sign on to increase pressure.

With this issue, what's the current best scenario for someone like me with a 560 TI? I know it's ancient, but it can certainly handle a desktop at 1440p. No gaming.

Currently in Clover Configurator, I'm just using "InjectNVidia", as well as the WhateverGreen kext. Things are quite choppy, including playing YouTube videos and animations.

10.14.2 is now out. Expect to finally hear from nvidia very soon. Like I said repeatedly, and none of you will listen, the issue was apples fault. However, NOW the ball is in nvidia's court because 10.14.2 "fixed" the issue. Now we'll see what nvidia's ACTUAL turnaround time is.

Still waiting, and 10.14.3 is out.

With this issue, what's the current best scenario for someone like me with a 560 TI? I know it's ancient, but it can certainly handle a desktop at 1440p. No gaming.

Currently in Clover Configurator, I'm just using "InjectNVidia", as well as the WhateverGreen kext. Things are quite choppy, including playing YouTube videos and animations.

If you haven't already you can disable hardware acceleration in your browser at least, or in any other app that has the option. That'll smooth things out to an extent.

I got RMA 2080ti for my died 1080ti.
Apparently I'm not gonna able to use it at all in MacOS... I will have to switch to Win10 until drivers are available (if they ever will be available)

With the launch of 1660ti is there any chance for the Mojave driver ?

guys please help, my video is still low resolution after update from high Sierra to mojave. What are the main settings I need to adjust and what kext files? I think I tried everything

my specs: asus p6t deluxe CPUintel i7 2,67ghz Graphics evga geforce gts 250

I did remove Mac OS from my Mac Pro 2012 and did install Windows 10 Pro x64 and Dualboot with Ubuntu 19.04 (Alpha). All is running very smooth. I finished with Apple and so you should.

how did you downgrade? im stuck too.
reinstall, go to the clover google files link, look for old versions, go to the link inside the text file. Use all your saved mojave kexts and modified config and just paste them in after your usb is created. Then when reinstalled, drop your config back in the efi after you install clover, reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back