Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
this people are incredible

here is their latest response, that's it I'm getting a radon vii even if I have to spray paint the card black

Hello Antonio,

In general Mac OS drivers updates are issued when Apple lets us. As of right now there are no updates for High Sierra. Due to contract agreements we are unable to discuss any such future RTX support in Mac OS. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards, Troy NVIDIA Customer Care L2

I've just finished setting up my hackintosh, everything works including iMessage. However, I'm having some graphics issues with only SOME non-Apple apps. For example, VLC, Spotify and chrome all flicker and freeze as soon as they are launched.

I've run the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen mod through Multibeast without any success..

Can some one please help ??

Running a GTX1050Ti with NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.129 on Mojave 10.14.6

Any help is much appreciated.

I've just finished setting up my hackintosh, everything works including iMessage. However, I'm having some graphics issues with only SOME non-Apple apps. For example, VLC, Spotify and chrome all flicker and freeze as soon as they are launched.

I've run the Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen mod through Multibeast without any success..

Running a GTX1050Ti with NVIDIA web driver 387.10.10.10.40.129 on Mojave 10.14.6

There's no fix. There are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave.

Also, as per forum rules, please fill out your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

There's no fix. There are no Nvidia web drivers for Mojave.

Also, as per forum rules, please fill out your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

thank you pastrychef ... profile now updated.

the only nvidia cards supported on mojave are the kepler cards
which are old models

they do not require web drivers

but like i already mentioned , they are old cards
really not worth it unless you want to save some money

you already have a good graphic card
but is useless on mac os

the good news is that you can get a kepler card for cheap on ebay

the best card you can get is the 780

or simply get an AMD card but it will cost more than an old kepler card

i already have a RTX 2080 and i have the money to buy a radeon vii

but i'm waiting a few months to see if AMD release something new similar or better than the Radeon vii

the only nvidia cards supported on mojave are the kepler cards
which are old models

they do not require web drivers

but like i already mentioned , they are old cards
really not worth it unless you want to save some money

you already have a good graphic card
but is useless on mac os

the good news is that you can get a kepler card for cheap on ebay

the best card you can get is the 780

or simply get an AMD card but it will cost more than an old kepler card

i already have a RTX 2080 and i have the money to buy a radeon vii

but i'm waiting a few months to see if AMD release something new similar or better than the Radeon vii
Thank you for the info Gogeta-Blue

so in other words, a Kepler NVIDIA card or any AMD card?

Would either of the options be plug and play?

the other question is whether NVIDIA will release a driver for Mojave?

Thank you for the info Gogeta-Blue

so in other words, a Kepler NVIDIA card or any AMD card?

Would either of the options be plug and play?

the other question is whether NVIDIA will release a driver for Mojave?

If you are buying a video card today for use with macOS, I feel it would be foolish to invest in a Kepler card. I think the last Macs that shipped with a Kepler card was around 2014 and I have a feeling native macOS support could end sooner rather then later.

Last edited:
If you are buying a video card today for use with macOS, I feel it would be foolish to invest in a Kepler card. I think the last Macs that shipped with a Kepler card was around 2014 and I have a feeling native macOS support could end soon rrather then later.
780 is 5 years old! The price of a new RX 570-580 is well worth it for almost double the openCL compute power.
Geekbench
Gtx 780 = 81,000
RX 580 = 140,000
Plus a 2-3 year warranty.

The price of a new RX 570-580 is well worth it for almost double the openCL compute power.
I have seen brand new RX 570s for about 120-130 dollars so why even consider an older Kepler 780 that could fail at any time and also draws a lot more power, is much less efficient when it is working. Having a warranty on a graphics card is worth something too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back