Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my NVIDIA card to buy an AMD card because it works in Mojave, not because Apple told me to.
no they didn’t told you to, they forced you to, even if you want to admitted or not, you can see it in a different way if you want, keep lying to yourself, the illusion of free will, would you have sold your nvidia card if still works on mac os? why you had an nvidia card before that AMD card? because you wanted an nvidia card, now it doesn’t work in mac os so is useless, let’s be honest with ourselves. i understand people that has AMD from the beginning before all this happened. but i don’t have any problem, i’m happy for you, i only replied because you quote my comment. recently mr cook made a comment about companies that create chaos, he should be the first one in the list for creating this chaos, i’m done with apple, i don’t care any more if nvidia releases web driver or not, i have a 780 with native support, i will use it untill is no longer supported but i kept my word and never ate my own words, i will not move or buy a amd card. everybody else is free to do whatever they want, but the real question is, did you made a decision or did apple made the decision for you. if apple has given you a choice for you to choose between one brand or the other then is your decision, you choose, but you didn’t have any choice because apple choose AMD for you, that is a fact

regards

Last edited:
I just stuck an RX580 in there alongside my 1070, downside is both cards running at 8x and having to move the DP-cable when switching OS, other then that it works perfectly.

Apple is a company that produces its own operating system and computers, it doesn't make people buy graphics cards unless it is their own preference in the Apple world to add an external card.

Apple does support *some* older Nvidia cards and Nvidia does support *some* Nvidia cards on *some* macOS releases.

Apple doesn't force users into buying Intel Wifi, AMD CPUs or only RAM from a single company - so the Nvidia *thing* is likely for a number of reasons a preference that Apple has. Note that this *could* also be a Nvidia preference too as they haven't attempted to show anyone drivers for Mojave.

In order to move on, we need to adopt the hardware that the main OS supports, if driver support for other products happens then that makes using these products easier for those with the hardware and ability to use different items.

Apple don't give a s**t about desktop users. Their desktop market share is very small - 5-6%. They can't affect amd or nvidia sales. I changed High Sierra with Windows 10 and actually I'm very happy.

Apple have been developing Metal as a graphics API for years now. Even Adobe are up to date, but it is Nvidia that are only interested in using Cuda - a Nvidia propriety system that no one else uses.

This new Public Relations release from Nvidia talks about Cuda support for ARM processors - something that already exists:

What doesn't appear to exist is any participation in Apples Metal programm to add macOS support for Nvidia products. I would like some NVIDIA fanboys to find something that show that Nvidia is interested in Metal support for macOS.

IF anyone can find something then please post links - as I haven't seen Nvidia participate in new macOS Metal support for any products. Given all the Apple using ARM processors by 2020, perhaps Nvidia isn't interested in developing Metal support - it can have plenty of support else where in the marketplace with minimal effort.

no they didn’t told you to, they forced you to, even if you want to admitted or not, you can see it in a different way if you want, keep lying to yourself, the illusion of free will, would you have sold your nvidia card if still works on mac os? why you had an nvidia card before that AMD card? because you wanted an nvidia card, now it doesn’t work in mac os so is useless, let’s be honest with ourselves. i understand people that has AMD from the beginning before all this happened. but i don’t have any problem, i’m happy for you, i only replied because you quote my comment. recently mr cook made a comment about companies that create chaos, he should be the first one in the list for creating this chaos, i’m done with apple, i don’t care any more if nvidia releases web driver or not, i have a 780 with native support, i will use it untill is no longer supported but i kept my word and never ate my own words, i will not move or buy a amd card. everybody else is free to do whatever they want, but the real question is, did you made a decision or did apple made the decision for you. if apple has given you a choice for you to choose between one brand or the other then is your decision, you choose, but you didn’t have any choice because apple choose AMD for you, that is a fact

regards

Right!... they held a gun to my head and told me get AMD!. Tbh AMD works for me, I have a dual boot and I’m happy and that’s all that matters to me. Opinions are like assholes!, everyone’s got one!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back