Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some good alternatives to Adobe's Photoshop and Lightroom applications. Affinity is actually preferred by many over Photoshop.
It looks as if Adobe is keen to not show users the low priced option unless they know how to search for it. Adobe is happy to get more users hooked on using Adobe Cloud, which competitors are not really offering - for some users this may be a genuine benefit.

Nvidia became used to the inflated mining craze peak pricing for consumer grade hardware and has priced RTX accordingly. The RTX 2080 Ti is a performance beast and a huge improvement over the GTX 1080 Ti. But at all levels the new cards do provide a performance boost, but also a large price increase. Are these cards worth box price - sales numbers suggest that consumers are not so positive.

I only hope that AMD can provide some good competition at key price points later this year - it might help to keep the creeping prices from Intel and Nvidia in some sort of balance. New consumer graphics cards from intel would also be a positive move.
yes i have used affinity to fix some old pictures that had noise, well some people like to pay monthly fees others simply buy the app, yes i agreed with your comment about video cards but there is one big problem, it doesn’t matter how powerful a card is, if it can’t be use or is not supported , like the problem with mojave, really hope 10.15 brings support back to nvidia

i’m not taking any credit away from AMD but i simply prefer nvidia even if they cost more

regards

Last edited:
10.14.5 out

it can't possibly be another trash can

People need to STOP posting gpus that work on STOCK (built in driver) and then telling others their <insert work around for web driver that doesn't work>.

If you don't understand by now that any nvidia GPU before maxwell, WORKS on stock driver in 10.14.x, you shouldn't be "helping" others.

There's hope!

GiHDRra.png

Source:https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/...rivers-be-released-for-macos-mojave-10-14-/75

yes i remember reading a similar message a few months ago with the words

drivers will be available shortly

but after a few months nothing
very shortly is a few days, probably, a week or 2 or less than month

but after a few months, i don’t consider that very shortly

that was the reason why i never bought a AMD card, not only because i don’t like AMD but also because i didn’t want to spend money on a card to then have nvidia coming out with web drivers a few days later

just 2 days ago i order a 780 that is natively supported on mojave

anyway as long as nvidia is working on web drivers i’m happy, since now i have a supported card i don’t care waiting a little more

but i really hope we don’t have to wait anymore and nvidia finally release those web drivers, it’s been a long wait

what i really will like is web drivers support for turing

anyway, thanks pastrychef for the update

regards

after reading your message a few times i think that you were making fun of us, nvidia users, i know you for you cruelty :lol: and sarcasm, i find it weird that you are still interested and care about web drivers when you stated many times that you had issues with web drivers in high sierra, you also mentioned many times that you moved to a vega and you are very happy with it and you don’t miss nvidia at all because you get better performance with amd on mac os

so that alone and the fact that you highlighted the date on the message is enough info for me to know that you were being funny

i really though that was a recent message but thanks to Dance-R reply i was able to figure out the whole thing, then your name gave it all up
:thumbdown

not cool man, c’mon let’s be serious
this would it be all right in april but we are in june

i’m tired and upset waiting for web drivers ,but i still keep my sense of humor, now i know when i see your name, that you are playing jokes on us

I just watched WWDC 2019,
There is not hope for NVIDIA Driver on macOS Catalina too! I think switch to AMD is only option.
I picked RX580 and I'm happy with it.

I just watched WWDC 2019,
There is not hope for NVIDIA Driver on macOS Catalina too! I think switch to AMD is only option.
I picked RX580 and I'm happy with it.
if i buy a AMD card i’m letting apple impose their will on me

so i bough a nvidia 780 that way i impose my will on apple

i don’t like being force to buy things i don’t like, i do like mac os but i don’t like AMD

so if apple thinks that i’m going to buy an AMD card because i want to use mac os then they sadly mistaken

many users simply switch to AMD because they are being force to switch by apple strategies, because they think that they don’t have any other choice

the way apple thinks is like this

if they really want to run mac os then they have to buy, use or get a AMD card

but what apple doesn’t get is the way i think

i will not spend a single penny on a amd product, i rather buy an old nvidia card, that is how i send my message back to apple

is not what apple wants or what apple want me to do, is what i want and what i decide to do

apple can’t tell me what to do
with my money or my system

when the kepler cards are no longer supported then i will probably will move to windows, i don’t like windows but once again i do what i want not what apple want me to do

and i’m not going to buy a AMD card

apple can make others change their mind but they are going to have a hard time with me

i’m a very proud man and i make my own decisions, never let others decide for you, is your choice when you make a decision, apple is imposing and not giving you a choice, they are deciding for you, that doesn’t work with me

but i’m happy that you are happy
but i can’t never be happy with a AMD card because i don’t like the brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back