Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of US government sanctions, computer hardwares have been very expensive in my place.
For exam, Asus RX570 OC 4G costs me around one month of my salary!

I have GTX-950 on High Sierra, but for Xcode 10.2 that is coming soon with Swift 5 I have to install Mojavi, I can't miss it.

Does Asus RX570 or GA RX-550 is supported on Mojavi? I can't return it If I buy it.
Thanks
Are u from Iran?
Because I have the same problem too. The gpus get too expensive around here

Are u from Iran?
Because I have the same problem too. The gpus get too expensive around here
Yes, Unfortunately I think it's gonna be more expensive in next months.
So I have to decide buy a compatible VGA soon.

I don't actually own one yet. Looking at it for a future build with the GEEEK A30 case. Are you happy with it? Can you quantify how well it performs? I like the idea of 4 x Mini-DP on it.

Pretty happy with it so far, everything works including sleep. Performance wise, Unigine Valley benchmark v1 basic gives a score of 2452. Geekbench OpenCL score came out at 70648. Runs Kerbal Space Program at a solid 60fps with default settings. If there's a particular benchmark you're interested in that's also free I'd be happy to run it. I'm sure there are more performant cards available for the same money, if you care to compromise on the form factor.

Only issue I ran into was that my little ITX PSU couldn't provide enough power to run my i5 7600 along with this card (wishful thinking I guess), so I've had to move everything into a larger case with a suitable PSU for now.

Pretty happy with it so far, everything works including sleep. Performance wise, Unigine Valley benchmark v1 basic gives a score of 2452. Geekbench OpenCL score came out at 70648. Runs Kerbal Space Program at a solid 60fps with default settings. If there's a particular benchmark you're interested in that's also free I'd be happy to run it. I'm sure there are more performant cards available for the same money, if you care to compromise on the form factor.

Only issue I ran into was that my little ITX PSU couldn't provide enough power to run my i5 7600 along with this card (wishful thinking I guess), so I've had to move everything into a larger case with a suitable PSU for now.

I bought the last 2 PC-TU100 cases NewEgg dug out of the warehouse. I'll be able to use a corsair SF600 or SF450 power supply so I don't think I will run into power issues. The SF600 does a fine job of powering a Vega 64 and a i7-8700k on an ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac. I just can't cram a Vega 64 into the little case.

I have a 2014 MacBook pro with an internal Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB running Mojave.
Looks accelerated for me will the kext work for others Nvidia cards?

Edited to add

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fe9
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3776
Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
gMux Version: 4.0.8 [3.2.8]
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4

Bob

Last edited:
RX 550 no support or not good support.
RX 560 all brands except XFX.
RX 570-580 all brands working, though some reports that certain XFX models may not be ideal.
Sapphire, MSI, Powercolor, Gigabyte, Asus all good in Mojave.
What about Biostar?

can i run my gtx 1070 on mojave? or only HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back