Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the solution but I use dual boot system: OS X (with iGPU) and Win10 with NVIDIA. The last one is only for gaming.

It's not the solution if you would like to render something but what to do man :( I feel bad when tried to use Adobe AE in Windows
I don't know about AfterEffects, but Adobe Premiere Pro works great in my Hackintosh, with the Radeon RX580 8GB. When color grading or during effects/transitions and during exports, the AMD card is used in full in macOS. I'm getting almost realtime exports, and I have no lag during playback (talking about Full resolution, without proxies, 4K drone videos).

I don't game so I can't speak for that, but switching to AMD was the best thing I've done for my Hackintosh. I don't even use Windows anymore for my work (or for any other reason for that matter).

It feels great not having to worry about buggy drivers (or non-existent) with every single update.

I don't know about AfterEffects, but Adobe Premiere Pro works great in my Hackintosh, with the Radeon RX580 8GB. When color grading or during effects/transitions and during exports, the AMD card is used in full in macOS. I'm getting almost realtime exports, and I have no lag during playback (talking about Full resolution, without proxies, 4K drone videos).

I don't game so I can't speak for that, but switching to AMD was the best thing I've done for my Hackintosh. I don't even use Windows anymore for my work (or for any other reason for that matter).

It feels great not having to worry about buggy drivers (or non-existent) with every single update.
It's not about performance at all. I'm sure there are almost the same gpu from both manufacturers.
It's about few hundred bucks :)

I wish it was as simple as switching to AMD in my case. Unfortunately I'd need a half height and single slot card to fit my tiny case. Full height single slot will fit in a pinch, but airflow is negatively affected making the system run hot and loud.

I have looked at compatible AMD cards, but I haven't seen one fitting the above requirements that would also be an upgrade on my GT710. Annoyingly, I have just sitting on my desk a half height/single slot GT 1030 that'd be so perfect for this build if ever a driver gets released.

I wish it was as simple as switching to AMD in my case. Unfortunately I'd need a half height and single slot card to fit my tiny case. Full height single slot will fit in a pinch, but airflow is negatively affected making the system run hot and loud.

I have looked at compatible AMD cards, but I haven't seen one fitting the above requirements that would also be an upgrade on my GT710. Annoyingly, I have just sitting on my desk a half height/single slot GT 1030 that'd be so perfect for this build if ever a driver gets released.

This is why for work I always get the huge ATX cases / motherboards. I can always upgrade to any card I want (not to mention I have a gozillion SATA/SSD/M.2 drives connected as well).

I don't know, I was never attracted to small factor PCs. For me it's either a laptop or a big tower.

I have a half height single slot AMD card in my system, Radeon Pro WX4100

I have a half height single slot AMD card in my system, Radeon Pro WX4100

How is the performance of that card? Have you run any GPU benchmarks with it? Thanks.

@TravelerTechie There's a lot to be said for building big, it's true. I just felt like something different this time, and building an ITX has presented new challenges. I bought a little aluminium ITX case from Aliexpress for cheap, and I have to say I'm happy with how neat it looks tucked underneath my monitor stand.

@flexrac Interesting. That doesn't seem to be mentioned on Apple's compatible GPUs page. Can you confirm it works out of the box? It's a little pricier and more powerful than I probably need, but at the same time I'm not averse to over provisioning.

Does anyone know of a fanless AMD card? I have a fanless GTX1050 now and am thinking of switching to AMD and I don't really want to have to have a fan running.

Not off hand. I did take an RX560 and remove the fans, but I had case fans blowing directly on the card anyway. The two sets of fans so close together were making noise so I just removed the smaller, weaker fans from the low profile rx560 card and let the 92mm Noctua case fans do the work. They were MUCH more quiet. Wonder if the WX4100 (still has a fan) would be quiet. My W7000 was very quiet, a single slot card too. VERY heavy for a single slot card, lot's of heatsink copper I think.

set radeondeinit and inject ATI in my config file
I have whatevergreen and Lilu in L/E

@pastrychef have not benchmarked it
I only use this PC for photoshop work. once in a while I experience a weird glitch while using photoshop. not sure what causes that, could be a power issue since I can't install a 4-500 watt power supply in this system, max power supply I could purchase is 280 watts from Dell. (optiplex 3050 SFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back