Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iray ray-tracing SDK which only works with NVIDIA CUDA.

This is for sure a problem with Apple currently. They forgot that computing system including hardware and software is a platform other solutions. I had an AMD graphic board and it worked out of the box. But I had some issues with it. Not sure what exactly caused problems, but I decided to replace it with NVIDIA graphics card and issues were gone. And several years ago I had issues with comp based on AMD processor (linux/windows box). Based on my experience I'm not huge fan of AMD products.

I bought for new hack NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, which wasn't very cheap at the time of purchase, but seems that there is no solution soon. Not sure is really Vega 64 stable and good enough. Maybe.

As switching to Mojave isn't very important at the moment, I stay on High Sierra.

I don't blame Apple for inventing Metal. For example, it work's really fine on iPad Pro. I suppose that, they were forced to invent new solution for graphics. But they didn't pay attention on variety of graphics cards. I guess that Vega was picked up just as easiest way to apply Metal. Less programming to get it work on various graphics cards. The biggest money is made from mobile devices, not from comps. It's obvious that Apple's understanding about comps has changed, they treat it as "singular device", like mobile devices. They don't care that you might have a need to build custom solution.

Seems that the future will be Linux after all. And if someone doesn't know, Microsoft distributed item with linux kernel on this year. Probably we will see Microsoft Linux too one day.

Last edited:
This does NOT enable hardware acceleration. So this is not a real workarond.
Well, at least now I can look at the display, as it shows the normal HD picture. So, still thanks, yet it's easier to wait.

How long do you think this will last? What can the past teach us?

Well, well, well... at least we can all have a light moment while we patiently wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back