Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is this a matter of money?

I have no problem paying for driver updates on macOS if that is what it takes. Something dumb is going on here and we are all sitting around like chumps while these two companies squabble.

There must be something we can do as customers to rectify this. Sure we can buy AMD cards, but I would like to explore other options first.

I have no problem paying for driver updates on macOS if that is what it takes. Something dumb is going on here and we are all sitting around like chumps while these two companies squabble.

There must be something we can do as customers to rectify this. Sure we can buy AMD cards, but I would like to explore other options first.

We really haven't seen anything official from Apple, so as far as squabbling goes it may just be Nvidia screaming at a wall. Or making excuses to customers that want the drivers which they have no official status on. Keep hammering Nvidia support for the Drivers that way they will feel the pressure to make the drivers.

was pretty the same deal when PASCAL came on the market
it took Lon long time to Nvidia to create drivers for PASCAL
I think Mojave brings tons of new things concerning metal and all related to graphic card (acceleration)

I guess it is the problem and it will not be solved soon :(

was pretty the same deal when PASCAL came on the market
it took Lon long time to Nvidia to create drivers for PASCAL
I think Mojave brings tons of new things concerning metal and all related to graphic card (acceleration)

I guess it is the problem and it will not be solved soon :(

Yes, it took them almost a year after the introduction of Pascal before support was added to the web drivers. However, they continued to release web drivers with support for Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell during that time. Right now, there are no drivers for any generation from Nvidia.

However, they continued to release web drivers with support for Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell during that time. Right now, there are no drivers for any generation from Nvidia.

That's because in that case they had to adopt capabilities of an additional (new) GPU to the requirements of the OS (Metal 1 and OpenGL), whereas now, they have to adopt the needs of the OS (Metal 2) to all their GPUs. That's basically rewriting the whole stuff and hence, the propability is high they reduce that to the GPUs they earn money with.

Nobody here knows, but for me the web-driver Story was so anying that I replaced my GTX 750 Ti KalmX by a used Sapphire Radeon RX 570 ITX, which runs OOTB. After selling the KalmX, there will only be a small ammount I paid for double performance. Modern cards like this let fans stand still when not doing number crunching, so it is as quiet as before.

Recent first-time Customac builder here. I have to use Apple as an iOS Dev using XCode. But I thought I'd do the right thing and build a Customac so I can stick two fingers to the man. Followed buyers guide and bought a nVidia GTX1050 for my build. Right now you can only download Mojave, theres no chance or older versions (and I dont have that option anyway). As this thread shows, nVidia cards do not work with Mojave, and we have no idea at what point they will. So .. Shouldnt nVidia be taken off the list then as recommended cards in the build guide?? I regret buying mine now and will need to try and get rid of it for something else. Such a shame as I so wanted this build to work. Right now the Mojave side is useless (I have windows working fine).

Recent first-time Customac builder here. I have to use Apple as an iOS Dev using XCode. But I thought I'd do the right thing and build a Customac so I can stick two fingers to the man. Followed buyers guide and bought a nVidia GTX1050 for my build. Right now you can only download Mojave, theres no chance or older versions (and I dont have that option anyway). As this thread shows, nVidia cards do not work with Mojave, and we have no idea at what point they will. So .. Shouldnt nVidia be taken off the list then as recommended cards in the build guide?? I regret buying mine now and will need to try and get rid of it for something else. Such a shame as I so wanted this build to work. Right now the Mojave side is useless (I have windows working fine).
you can still download High Sierra:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?ls=1&mt=12

Hey thanks, I looked everywhere for that but clearly missed it. Downloading now. Thats an ok short-term solution for me but as an iOS Dev Im going to be needing Mojave at some point. I still think potentially it might be worth taking nVidia off the buyers guide? Builders are going to be wanting to use Mojave and nVidia is not happening, with no idea for us of when they will.

Hey thanks, I looked everywhere for that but clearly missed it. Downloading now. Thats an ok short-term solution for me but as an iOS Dev Im going to be needing Mojave at some point. I still think potentially it might be worth taking nVidia off the buyers guide? Builders are going to be wanting to use Mojave and nVidia is not happening, with no idea for us of when they will.
Xcode 10 is working well on High Sierra 10.13.6
For iOS development there is not problem right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back