Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Guys, I need advice.
I want to change the GTX 1060 3GB to an AMD Radeon Hd 7970 3 GB.
Does this video card support 10.14.?
And is this a normal exchange?
The video card is as follows:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Radeon...h=item1a41e8d71e:g:mdIAAOSwkRpZnCWu:rk:6:pf:0
I'm actually running that AMD card in R9 280X guise on my i5 and I have the RX 580 on my i7. I think the 280X is a fantastic card if you can get it for $100. At $140, spend another $100 and get the RX $580 with the 8 gig. Worth the update.

Thanks for the help. I will not buy 7970

I am loving the feedback I am getting from you all. Thank you. I can understand how power consumption can be an issue.

But I will also agree that at least in the case of Hackintosh I’d rather get something that works out of the box without worrying how many centuries it’ll take a company to release a driver, especially since the latest feedback we got from them included the “if and when” words in it.

Whenever a new version of software comes out, I am itchy to have it (and yes I got the Windows update that was deleting data too lol). So if AMD is the way to go, and power consumption is the only issue then I’m ok with that.

and yes I got the Windows update that was deleting data too lol

best statement I have read so far today. ! thanks for making my day. (although it is not so funny losing the files.. )

best statement I have read so far today. ! thanks for making my day. (although it is not so funny losing the files.. )
I was lucky in the fact that I didn't keep anything in the Windows SSD, I use OneDrive, a separate 5TB HDD and a USB 500GB external drive for my important files, so I basically didn't lose anything, but it did cause a problem with my Premiere Pro. I am in Europe, so I have the N version of Windows, which means some features of the OS are omitted.

Premiere Pro needs the Windows Media Feature Pack to work, and after this update, I got a "couldn't find so-and-so.dll" error, and wouldn't run. This Microsoft pisses me off sometimes. :banghead:

Not only their update was so crappy that they rolled it back, not only they remove the Windows Media Feature Packs with each major update (making me re-download it every single time), but they also removed the link to download it again for the crappy 1809 version of Windows I now had on my computer. Thank goodness for booting into Hackintosh huh? :lol:

Eventually I had to reinstall Windows with the working previous 1803 version to get it sorted, as I was playing with the Hackintosh trying to get my audio to recognize the rest of my jacks, and I messed up somewhere, and now I need to reinstall macOS again. :crazy: This housewife is tripping. :lol:

Just placed my Nitro+ Vega 64 and it does work OOB!
Connected my two monitors (one =4k and one 2560*1440) via DP.
Two things I need to figure out:
- boot screen bios is low res, on my 1080 Ti it was max res
- clover boot screen is also very low res, tried to increase it in the config file but that is ignored
Minor issues but a bit annoying.
The card is silent when in idle but makes more noise when put to work compared to my 1080 Ti.
Sound is now always selectable via my monitor (DP).
Works in HS 10.13.6 an Mojave 10.14.0, I have Whatevergreen installed but will try later if I need it.
I see that some users see no difference with or without.
No regrets so far

I am still wondering why anyone with a hackintosh is still waiting on Nvidia. I picked up a refurb RX 560 from Newegg on eBay for about $60. Works perfect. No hassle install.

$60 is a tempting price indeed, but the cheapest 560 refurb on ebay is currently $89... looks like you got a good deal!

I've just put a vega 56 in my box with my current GTX1080ti, will wait to see how this turns out before selling my Nvidia, as it's still more powerful and better power consumption, although may end up keeping both to change between when Nvidia drivers are not available now that I have them both working together

Interestingly was searching on google for any updates and saw a post on apple community, clicked the link and see that the post seems to be deleted .. wonder if it's really apple that's slowing this down ?

apple.jpeg

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8585257

A5FE7F34-D1B6-45E4-8961-C30DBE23DB66.png
I've just put a vega 56 in my box with my current GTX1080ti, will wait to see how this turns out before selling my Nvidia, as it's still more powerful and better power consumption, although may end up keeping both to change between when Nvidia drivers are not available now that I have them both working together

Interestingly was searching on google for any updates and saw a post on apple community, clicked the link and see that the post seems to be deleted .. wonder if it's really apple that's slowing this down ?

View attachment 357988
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8585257

Whoa, looks like the discussion brought up some nasty and Apple had to close it down. Anybody have screenshots? I can’t seem to find a working archive link for it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back