Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also tired of nvidia and webdrivers. Time to say good bye to my old GTX 960. Just ordered a RX 580 as well.

Got & installed my RX 580 today, works like a charm :) I wonder why I have waited this long to switch heh.

Just got a small issue that bugs me, I got blackscreen on the boot until the bootloader. Installed Csm-VideoDxe-64 driver when the nvidia card was not working. I wonder if it is the issue or if I need to change anything to fix it? Somebody knows?

switched to the XFX RX 580 also, using WhatEverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext, no issues on boot up.

Installed Csm-VideoDxe-64 driver when the nvidia card was not working. I wonder if it is the issue

Well this was the issue for anyone who might get same problem :)

People's impatience and talking about switching to inferior GPUs even, just cause users could't wait to upgrade to a .0 release of an OS.

Follow logical update method and stay on 10.13.6 until mojave is less buggy and has web drivers. Then you'd have no down time and less bugs.

For example, all the people who play wow are sure are regretting rushing to 10.14 cause it has a window server hang bug with windowed full screen metal applications. .0 releases suck. Two favors one stone. WAIT FOR WEB DRIVER before upgrading :)

People's impatience and talking about switching to inferior GPUs even, just cause users could't wait to upgrade to a .0 release of an OS.

Follow logical update method and stay on 10.13.6 until mojave is less buggy and has web drivers. Then you'd have no down time and less bugs.

For example, all the people who play wow are sure are regretting rushing to 10.14 cause it has a window server hang bug with windowed full screen metal applications. .0 releases suck. Two favors one stone. WAIT FOR WEB DRIVER before upgrading :)
But but but, where’s the fun in that?:lol:

Seriously, it was a lot of fun for me swapping a GPU, and testing it out in Premiere Pro (which the RX580 works great in, but only in Mac and Metal API, not in Windows).

Besides, doesn’t this forum need all the feedback it can get for the next Multibeast? ;)

It goes beyond impatience. Nvidia web drivers were garbage throughout High Sierra. They went from a year of garbage drivers to no drivers.

What problem(s) the WhateverGreen.kext solves? My fresh Mojave install with RX 570 works fine without it.

I had a problem with low (1024x768) Clover GUI resolution after deleting 'CsmVideoDxe-64.efi', but solved it disabling CSM in BIOS. For Gigabyte 7 series MBs, there is no direct setting, but change 'OS Other' to 'Windows 8' and the setting to disable CSM appears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back