Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an XFX Radeon RX580 to replace my GTX970 and am happy as a clam. No sweats installing and setting up Mojave with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 1.18.35 PM copy.png

I was very happy with my NVIDIA card but really thinking about switching.

Will this card work OOB?
And what about the fan problems I read about?

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/AREZ-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING/

I do plan to keep my card for a few years, so I'm considering a Vega 64 instead of a RX 5x0.
This card will be the closest to my current 1080 Ti but will perform worse when it comes to OpenGL.

Thanks!
It’s a toss up, the single fan models have a fix but some of the multi fan models still have the fan issue.

An Nvidia GTX 710 does not require Nvidia drivers though, and works OOTB in Mojave.

No although it’s Polaris it is “Lexa” like the RX 550 series. There is no device ID for it in any of the drivers.
Neither of these cards will work for now. There is one possibility the Sapphire RX 550 Pulse, it has 0x67ef as the device ID but it is a cut down board with less CUs so it may work but the drivers may not be optimal for it.
What about a RX480? Does it work OOB?
Thanks again.

What about a RX480? Does it work OOB?
Thanks again.

Yes all RX 470-580 models work now. For best results use High Sierra or Mojave. Sierra works but may need a few Kexts or other settings.
The RX 580 is just a refresh of the 480 with higher clock speeds. It has the same device ID.

Finally, giving up on my 1050 ti card - sad but its getting long in the tooth. Temporarily switched to old HD 7750 till my RX560 gets here.
Mojave update went fine without any issues however preview app keeps crashing. Think it might be related to the 1GB of HD 7750; hopefully with RX 560 it should be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back