Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your quick reply.
And does this card support HEVC hardware decoding (4K, 10bit) in Mojave?

Thanks again

Greets
z0dac
If you use DP output to a 4K monitor you'll get 4K@60Hz + 10 bit Color. Don't know about HEVC decoding as I don't own one or work with HEVC at all. Maybe a video editor that uses one could answer that. I would assume that a new card like the 560 does support that. Even the current Intel HD graphics support HEVC encoding and decoding.

Last edited:
Is this one ok?
MSI RX 560 Aero ITX 4GB GDDR5 OC

Greets
z0dac

If you use DP output to a 4K monitor you'll get 4K@60Hz + 10 bit Color. Don't know about HEVC decoding as I don't own one or work with HEVC at all. Maybe a video editor that uses one could answer that. I would assume that a new card like the 560 does support that. Even the current Intel HD graphics support HEVC encoding and decoding.

AMD Fury cards and newer aka RX cards support HEVC encoding. Older R9 series don’t.
RX 560 will do H265, for H264 you need to partially enable IGPU for support.

Hi you all,

currently I have a NVIDIA GTX 960 running with Mojave. However - Graphics is - of course - not working properly, due to the missing Web Drivers. What I read from the last few pages here:

Is it correct that if I would swap this card to a Radeon RX 560 or 580 that it would work out of the box without any drivers necessary? And is it also true that HEVC decoding would work with this card? Because it doesn't with my GTX 960 in macOS - only in Windows.

If yes - is this only the case for RX 580 or also for 560?
And which (cheap) card would you recommend? I'm not a real gamer, but video playback should work.

THANK YOU in advance!

Greets
z0dac
I just worked on some H.265 drone footage in Premiere Pro with my new Gigabyte AORUS RX580 8GB. Works great!

AMD Fury cards and newer aka RX cards support HEVC encoding. Older R9 series don’t.
RX 560 will do H265, for H264 you need to partially enable IGPU for support.
What does „partially activate IGPU“ mean?

And is the card I mentioned above ok?

Greets
z0dac

I googled a bit - I don‘t have an iGPU on my CPU. It’s a Xeon...

But do I really Need H.264 HW acceleration? I think my CPU should be fast enough for H.264 software playback.

Greets
z0dac

I googled a bit - I don‘t have an iGPU on my CPU. It’s a Xeon...

But do I really Need H.264 HW acceleration? I think my CPU should be fast enough for H.264 software playback.

Greets
z0dac

H264 is for rendering in FCPX for playback you will be fine with H265.
That card will work fine.

I am using an Asus RX560 driving three monitors, one 4K over DP, I don't do H265 encoding so I can't speak to that but this card works better under Mojave than it did under HS.

Sep 24 to Oct 8, this is insane, How long will it take for Nvidia to develop new drivers for Mojave?
I am never gonna buy a Nvidia card. I am not even able to login to forums.geforce.com. It's so frustrating. No one is even responding to my query from Nvidia.

I have updated more than 10 systems with GTX 1070/GTX 1080. Now I have to revert back to high sierra.

Can anyone tell me why is it taking so much time for them to release a driver? The beta released in June. This is a basic requirement for a company to release the driver before the actual OS release.

Is there any way to revert back to high sierra without wiping out user data?
Please reply

I think the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse is most popular. I don't know if it's necessarily "the best". This is the card I chose when putting together a build for a friend.

I have an MSI RX 560 low profile in my budget testing box. But it's not a single slot card. I think the most powerful single slot card you can get is the Radeon Pro WX 7100. If you need low profile AND single slot, there's the Radeon Pro WX 4100.
Will the Radeon Pro WX 2100 2Gb work OOB?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back